2011 tournaments

I am signed up for the FCKA, not showing up on the entry list not sure how long it takes as I signed up last night

With some sponsorship oppurtunities in the works already we may want to look at limiting the group at this time. We can add others as back ups if something comes up and someone cant make it.

5151…

I see your point about limiting, but not all of us will be able to attend everything, and if we can have sponsors support a couple per tourney, it would help regardless.

Team Sandlapper

Those who can’t fish, spend too much on seafood!

Any plans on where to fish and what accomodations?

We will have to take the previous Friday off at the least, to make the Captains meeting. If we caravaned down Thursday night, we could pre-fish Friday some.

I was planning on camping, not sure I want to do the extra hour each way to Cape San Blas State Park though, especially if we can find a campsite closer to Tallahassee that would have good fishing too.

Should have some info in the next two weeks on sponsors

How are we going to determine who going to be on the team? I will fish these events either way just curious.

“The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Adventure Kayak 08 </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Pro Angler Kayak 09 & 10 </font id=“size2”>

I was looking at everyone here that has posted all ready as going to be on it, we have 5-6 for IFA committed and Jax and will have a smaller group for FCKA.

Once we get the sponsorship details sorted out I will contact everyone and we can get together and discuss the details over a cold or hot beverage.

I am planning on taking the 7-8 of April off, and driving down to the FCKA tourney site, Wednesday night, so I can pre-fish the area, and get some intel.

Anyone else planning such.

Troy where are you camping? Also I have stayed at Shell Island fish camp before its a pretty cool old florida type place (no phones in the rooms) and you can launch from there as well.

I haven’t picked a place out yet. I am looking at Newport Park and Shell Island.

Shell Island would be close to the Captains Meeting and Weigh in, but a little far from the gulf waters.

Newport Park I suspect is closer to Newport, and thus Lighthouse Road and several “Pools” right off the creeks… and the flats.

I am looking into costs. But the area around the Lighthouse at the end of Lighthouse Road looks real promising. (SE from St Marks.)

How is the fishing for Redfish, Seatrout and Flounder near the camp?

I will be camping at every out of state tournament. It saves a ton of money. Just make sure to call ahead to reserve a spot or else you end up at the reject camp site next to a rave and a cat orgy. [:0][:0]

quote:
Originally posted by Lost@Sea

I will be camping at every out of state tournament. It saves a ton of money. Just make sure to call ahead to reserve a spot or else you end up at the reject camp site next to a rave and a cat orgy. [:0][:0]

Let me know if interested splitting sites

I have reserved a site at Newport Park. Two tents per site, $15.00 a night.

Google Newport Florida, and you will see Highway 98 running east west. Just to the east of the St. Marks River, on the north side is the park. It is right across from Lighthouse road, and about 5 miles from the place where I am thinking of fishing at Lighthouse… Notice the Pools along the road. :smiley:

Plus all the flats nearby, looks like it could be very similiar to Redfishville.

Roughly 30 minute drive from campsite to Captains Meeting and weigh in…

I have to do more research and talk with a couple of peeps who have fished the area before I decided on where I am going to camp. I will let you guys know asap if anyone wants in.

Troy looks like a good spot put me down if you still got room.

For Savannah I am thinking Mcallister State park.

Got it…

I do want to head down to Savannah for some scouting here soon. Anyone down with heading down there after work one evening, camping and then fishing like crazy the next day??

As far as the FCKA tourney, I used to fish a good bit around the lighthouse at the Saint Marks wildlife refuge. Great trout spots, and not to bad with the reds either.

DD

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

DD , I can do that but would have to fish either Sat or Sun, let me know

Dave

I am down for the middle of the week. Thursday would probaly be best for me since I work late on Tuesdays.