Sunday Drivin'

Needed some sunshine and a break from work and side work. No fush. Did find some of the biggest dam mud minnows Ive ever seen but only fished for maybe 10 min or 20 min tops. Was too hot to not be moving, and since we got a late start it was brutal. What a beautiful day it ended up being though aside from the heat… Water was up to the mid 80’s back in Goose Creek but 80 in the Cooper… good ole summertime… doesnt even start until next week…

Maybe I’ll catch some fish Friday ha

Never had a bad day on the water regardless of what I did. Being on the water is therapeutic.

3 Likes

Man, that 1st pic looks like it least cost $5.19 per gallon and from the landing to your location at least $55 one way…at least you were working on catching some good bait for next trip

Don’t tell everybody… but I was headed back to the super secret squirrel Hanahan Boat Club landing of which I aquired a key to last month(25 years later lol). But you’re right, it definitely cost… at least baits are ready for Friday though!

1 Like

That says it all.
Every morning when I get up go to work I’m thinking I don’t want to.
But hi ho hi ho off to work I go

Stump, you nailed my general feelings about work right now. Some days it is hard to get going.

no joke so hot to do anything on the water. nothing like sweating it out just to get it all ready and get it in the water lol

You got it made now,lots of good FW fishing round there too. I lived about a hundred yards from that landing years ago. I was thinking about getting a key but I’d have to go through a lot of traffic to get there.haha I still can’t believe the North Charleston fishing club shut down.You gonna be glad you got them mm ,fishing was rough for me with only artificials,with all the bait in the creek.

Nice pics, that mudder been much bigger you could have fried him up.

well dang who’s butt do i have to kiss to get one of those?

1 Like

It’s been worse than an act of congress just to get to be an “associate member”… Next time I get the text for the Boat Club meeting I’ll shoot you a message and you can show up to the meeting and sit in, maybe have a conversation with the president guy afterwards. That’s what he suggested us to say to people who inquire about membership. It won’t happen quick, but at least that way you can get your foot in the door. :+1:

1 Like

man yeah it would just be nice to have a place somewhere over in hanahan area that could get me on the cooper . my robalo r180 won’t really work too well on bushy salt side, i guess unless its dead high tide… i haven’t even been out of that landing in years.

1 Like

You have a T top? You know about Westvaco/Missle/Hendrick Park Virginia Ave, right?

I haven’t used that landing in too long either. When I had the StumpNocker and could only go 27mph, it was a no brainer to get closer… Hell, it sucked back then too haha

yeah no ttop, but still cutting it super close to get out with the CC bars that wrap on the console.

I hear that. Ive pulled the plug while filling both livewells and still had to literally push the boat down to get under there. I’ve also had to drop off a buddy and let them bring the truck and trialer to Remeleys or Bushy… so there is that risk… but we do what we have to do I guess!