Family in town

First actual fishing report I’ve posted on this site in years…

Had my wife’s youngest sister and her family in town, and I took my BIL Joe and his son Spencer out on Friday morning. I took them to a spot where I’ve been on some middle slot reds on topwater. They weren’t on the structure I found them on last time, but after looking around a bit I found them a little upcurrent near the bank and we landed 3 on top which was a lot of fun. Truth be told, they aren’t too experienced so I hooked the fish and handed the rod off to them to fight and land.

My proud moment was later in the day when Spenc hooked and landed his first saltwater fish, a nice 19" red on a TexasEye and Scented PaddlerZ. As you can see by his smile, he was really excited!

Later we picked up the girls and other kids and went sandbarring. A great lowcountry day…

5 Likes

Definitely a great Lowcountry day! Glad yall got out there and had some fun. Thanks for sharing it on here with us as well Opt. Still working on my top water Spottail. What were you throwing for topwater? SkitterV?

Great report and great pictures!! Haven’t found the topwater bite yet, but I’m looking for it!

You got them hooked now. Nice to see a report from you Dave!

IYKYK, yes Skitter V.

1 Like

Very Awesome!

Awesome report. Can’t beat the smile for sure!

Thanks for reporting AGAIN, Dave, need plenty more please.