A bad day on the H2O is better than a good day at work!

2 cool nights and 1 day of rain equals 80.8° water temp…last weekend it was 90-91° and Wednesday it was 89° right at dark. The bait absolutely vanished today unlike normal mullet cruising the banks for safety all day long, but it was worth a trip anyways. The young ladies had a couple line stripping big hammerheads and big blacktips on that managed to cut the line above the leaders or just plum not get hooked good. But they found a couple small hammers and blacktips but it was a tough day!

2 Likes

Great report as usual. I like the pinkie hold on that hammerhead too.

awesome. thanks for the report. did the sheep hit a finger mullet or crab?

Hammurred i was trying to catch shark bait as usual on shrimp and this guy was hiding in the middle of them. I think i had 3 other bigger sheeps get off because they put up a decent fight and were also in the same spot that my shark bait hang in…but they fought hard enough to come off

1 Like

EF1 i didn’t even notice that pinkie pose…
But man am i gonna bring it up tomorrow
LMAO

1 Like

It’s how the fancy types hold sharks. What do you use? Your hands? Muuaahahaha hahaha!

1 Like

Well done as everyone has said… Haven’t seen that pinky guy in a decade, tell him I said what’s up when you get the chance. Glad y’all toughed it out and had fun, my fishing got cancelled before I left the driveway Sunday, but that’s a whole 'nother story… Til next time!

hmm… i just saw that pinkie guy walk down the hallway at work… will have to ask him if it’s the new Bonzo stare

Thanks for the report! The bait is in the surf. Never seen so many Dolphin chasing bait in my life. Not much action on the fish though.