Shark Catching a Crab at Folly

Wasn’t sure where to put this but wanted to share because it was so cool. We were down visiting our oldest son this past weekend and while walking along the northern shore at Folly, watched this Bonnethead stalk and attack a blue crab. He went at him 3-4 times before he finally got him. We were less that 5’ away. I got a video of him catching the crab but I’m too dumb to figure out how to post it. You can see the crab just in front of the shark. He was a very healthy Bonnethead.

2 Likes

What a shot!!!

That is a fun photo to see. Thanks for posting!

Man that’s so cool. You got lucky. Right place at the right time.

That’s awesome!!

Seeing stuff like that can be better than actually fishing. IMO. Nice pic.

Good stuff D, agree with Fred, now that I am getting uncomfortable fishing due to age???

Thought it would be the other way around, so glad I fished hard in my 40’s, and almost quit after 50, found the effort not worth the results, mostly because I was a mediocre fisherman at best.

That’s a great shot DF!

I saw another cool thing involving a blue crab recently, but no pics unfortunately. I was casting at the jetties and heard a strike over my shoulder. I turned to see a splash, then noticed a blue crab struggling with his swimmers on the surface, moving with the outgoing tide. A bull red came up and annihilated it! Pretty awesome sight!

Probably a softshell crab if he was struggling on the surface, I have picked up many that way. I would have shot that shark DF. Then fed his guts to that crab and went home to cook shark steaks.haha I really hate that I can’t go out and get a couple dozen crabs like we used to.

1 Like

just wow!!!