Something I'll never eat again!

My neighbor volunteers at a food bank and sometimes he brings us things that get left over. He brought us some Vegan burgers… Impossible Burgers was the brand. What the heck, I’ll give em a try. Put six patties on the grill and gave one a try. Dang thing didn’t taste too bad and texture same as ground beef. Wife tried one she liked it! I gave the Dogs one and two of the turned their noses up and would not eat. ??? the third ate one and while she was eating it the wife goes over to the bushes and pukes. Now my stomach doesn’t feel good, the Dog pukes hers up. I called the neighbor and asked if he had tried them. Yep… They made me sick and then laughs at me! He said he thought it was just him.

I don’t knock anyone’s food, but I’ll never eat that crap again. They were not out of date and frozen when I got them.

1 Like

I’m reporting you to Bill Gates!

1 Like

I don’t know maybe too rich for my stomach? I’d eat bugs over that. Well not coach roaches, but some crickets .

We get a lot of half spoiled fruits and vegetables we give to the chickens. They have no refrigeration or storage for food not used. It’s either find a home for it or throw it out. It amazes me the amount of waste from grocery stores. Lot’s of times it’s outdated bakery items. With the rising prices of chicken feed I’m all for this. The Food Bank is not suppose to give out out dated items… only trash them. On any canned goods, rice and dried beans, I give to Mom and she takes them to church.

One man’s trash……

https://m.andnowuknow.com/quick-dish/ugly-produce-startup-company-highlighted-shark-tank/jessica-donnel/48093

People who have never helped out or donated anything to a food bank or Meals on Wheels dont understand how things in the real world happen.

And why should they, you cant act like you’ve “been there” if you haven’t.

Ive been left with donated stuff lots of times, especially the Meals on Wheels route. They arent home, dont like meatloaf, have no space to store it,the list goes on and on.

Good on your neighbor for making a difference, and anyone that says different can pucker up and kiss my hairy arse.

Some people have never been hungry I guess

just some random thoughts from

Your Pal
EF

2 Likes

Some here will learn that there are rules to follow and insulting another member will not be tolerated. Only a few more flags and the problem will be gone. I have delivered meals on wheels and if no one is home the meal goes to waste. I had one last that would not eat the meatloaf. I loved it! E f. I don’t know how it was when you volunteered but today we deliver a box that has 6 meals in it once a week. At the end of the route the undelivered are disposed of. . We can’t take anything back .

2 Likes

He’s a one of a kind man. It’s mostly ladies at the food bank and he gets used as the “muscle”. Over the last ten years of his retirement he has donated countless hours helping others. Never a bad word for anyone… Other than our President.

Anyone that gives times for meals on wheels or so many other charities to help others are true heroes.

1 Like

Why would a benevolent gov’t try in any manner to stop or hinder anyone trying to feed the needy?

https://www.euvolution.com/prometheism-transhumanism-posthumanism/first-amendment-2/lawsuit-crackdown-on-church-soup-kitchens-violates-the-first-amendment-reason/

The food bank in Myrtle Beach gives out food once or twice a week.
Kind of scratch my head and wonder when i look at the cars in the parking lot…

Went to Cabo about 10 years ago.
Come back from fishing and they had the lunch buffet set up.
Sat down at the table ordered drinks got up went to the buffet.
Didn’t get much a hamburger some onion rings and a piece of cake.
Back to the table throw onion ring in my mouth and almost threw up.
Wasn’t no onion ring it was calamari…
Freaking bait… my wife almost fell out the chair laughing at me

So, how many flags is it going to take? Seriously, how many? Are flags cumulative? As in, more than one member flagging a poster counts more than a single flag? I’ve never flagged a post, but it’s high time for this Bull Crap to be stopped!

Thanks mixed. The more that flag the better. The problem is within 3 or 4 flags away from detention. It helps if more people flag.

PM sent. Info

I dont see what they are saying to flag them anymore.

No more porchdikk or dog dikk gnats make this a much better experience, you should try it.

Let them starve I say.

The Shun Is Fun

1 Like

Got it!!

10 character nonsense

Somehow my ignore expired.

Back now though!

2 Likes

Yes. I know. That was done to keep some from only sending stupid photos. I don’t know if it’s still working

You can set time limits in the screne where you put a foot in their arses

1 Like

I’m on a mission. I succeeded once and I’m close to another.

1 Like

Did it work for you? I would add that the Admin encourages us to flag all violations

1 Like

Nah, (post deleted by author)

Looks like he knew better, but, just couldn’t help posting his garbige once again?

1 Like