A new strategy to deal with facts you don't like..

So, if you get too much blowback, too many truths and facts that disagree with the way you see things, the way you believe they should be, what do you do? Easy, when you control the purse strings, you just cut off the funding that supports the science that generates the facts that you don’t like. In the upcoming budget being prepared by trump and his fellow demagogues, money to support the scientific research efforts of the EPA and NOAA is being slashed. Say goodbye to safe drinking water, clean rivers, safe-to-eat fish, weather forecasts and hurricane tracking. Grants to fund NOAA research of saltwater marshes and marine life…gone.

The cuts will “totally undermine the ability of EPA and its research arm to set standards at a level that science can rightfully be confident is protective of public health,” predicts William Becker of the National Association of Clean Air Agencies in Washington, D.C."

“Programs that provide grants to university researchers would be completely eliminated at both agencies.”

It will be a beautiful world, don’t you think…??

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/355/6329/1000.full

Might be better if the data and facts generated, were not called into question, all the time. Also, when the government looks to prosecute those, that question the facts and data, doesn’t give a warm fuzzy feeling!!

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

So, if you get too much blowback, too many truths and facts that disagree with the way you see things, the way you believe they should be, what do you do? Easy, when you control the purse strings, you just cut off the funding that supports the science that generates the facts that you don’t like. In the upcoming budget being prepared by trump and his fellow demagogues, money to support the scientific research efforts of the EPA and NOAA is being slashed. Say goodbye to safe drinking water, clean rivers, safe-to-eat fish, weather forecasts and hurricane tracking. Grants to fund NOAA research of saltwater marshes and marine life…gone.

The cuts will “totally undermine the ability of EPA and its research arm to set standards at a level that science can rightfully be confident is protective of public health,” predicts William Becker of the National Association of Clean Air Agencies in Washington, D.C."

“Programs that provide grants to university researchers would be completely eliminated at both agencies.”

It will be a beautiful world, don’t you think…??

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/355/6329/1000.full

I'm all for this! The climate scientists will have to get real jobs!

no time to explain now but you can bet your Azz i’m all for eliminating
99% of the epa regs along with a large portion of noaa regs and the scheming bureaucrats …LATER

The liberal tears and *****ing are so touching. Just think if they’d of done a better job of getting anything beneficial done they wouldn’t keep getting their asses handed to them in elections. You had 8 years of f’ing stuff up, time for the grown ups to do things now.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

How did we survive before December 2nd 1970?

Sea Tonic believes we need the EPA to provide clean water

https://www.rt.com/usa/312499-toxic-spill-tribes-epa/

Now any blind partisan should be willing to drink water following their beloved EPA’s action.

I say spend my tax dollars on his kids to go to a charter school of their choice so we can turn out a true patriotic American that will actually care for the environment. It seems clear to me, blind partisans are happy to get an indoctrinated leftist propaganda education and live their whole life believing the government is the answer and that is a fact they don’t like.

St and br, y’all are full of shiiiiit. No one is talking about repealing the clean air act or cercla or rcra or anything else like them. Just getting our govt institutions back to doing meaningful work. Just as it should be.

NOAA and EPA employees are government employees. Not much chance they’ll be out of a job.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

I can almost hear it coming off my computer screen…shrieeeeeek

“So, if you get too much blowback, too many truths and facts that disagree with the way you see things, the way you believe they should be, what do you do? Easy, when you control the purse strings, you just cut off the funding that supports the science that generates the facts that you don’t like.”

No, man. What you do is you threaten any scientists with racketeering charges if they publish anything contrary to your political party line. Didn’t you pay attention to the Obama administration’s techniques? Then, you get the IRS to revoke the non-profit status of all your enemies. Defunding is just the first step, man. Fascist intimidation is the key. Don’t look to Trump. Look to the true masters. :smiley:

“Say goodbye to safe drinking water, clean rivers, safe-to-eat fish, weather forecasts and hurricane tracking.”

Ah, so you genuinely think America will be forced to drink toilet water, fish will be unsafe to eat, and we’ll no more weather men because of Trump?

HAHA. Man, you folks on the Left have gotten conspicuously desperate.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

Hopefully you read everyone’s reply on why you are upset for no reason.

In your words… " too many truths and facts that disagree with the way you see things, the way you believe they should be, what do you do?" You are carrying over from the obuma years, FACTS are being addressed now, not fake science.

What FACT are you talking about? Give me One FACT that the new administration is in disagreeance. Not speculation, FACT.

Let’s take Us coming out of an Ice age, did you know that the Trump administration agrees that Earth will gradually warm up?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Do you like looking at bald eagles?
Do you like eating fish caught from the Ashley River?
Do you like the view from Waterfront Park?
Do you like Jim Cantore’s predictions of when/where hurricane’s may strike the east coast?
It’s OK, you can admit it…you appreciate all of these

Thank the EPA and NOAA scientists who documented the adverse effects of DDT, phosphate contamination, creosote and analyze, summarize and create the predictive models for hurricane tracking.

and although I’m hesitant to mention the obvious, since I have no desire to get into a head-banging pissing contest with the deniers, but this drastic cut to the EPA and NOAA is in direct response to the new head of the EPA, as well as the Marx brothers disbelieving the influence of human activity in climate change.

LOL.

Now Trump’s going to kill all the bald eagles and rid the Ashley of edible fish?

Riiiiight.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

quote:

Do you like Jim Cantore’s predictions of when/where hurricane’s may strike the east coast?

Thank the EPA and NOAA scientists who documented the adverse effects of DDT, phosphate contamination, creosote and analyze, summarize and create the predictive models for hurricane tracking.

and although I’m hesitant to mention the obvious, since I have no desire to get into a head-banging pissing contest with the deniers, but this drastic cut to the EPA and NOAA is in direct response to the new head of the EPA, as well as the Marx brothers disbelieving the influence of human activity in climate change.

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. ?
    Just an honest weather report will suffice! All I need! It is the “Weather Channel”, after all…

#4 has the (?) 'cause “kitties” like you Chit their pants, when doom is in the forecast…LMFAO!

quote:
Originally posted by gotchacovered

LOL.

Now Trump’s going to kill all the bald eagles and rid the Ashley of edible fish?

Riiiiight.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

The Wind Turbines are doing a fine job killing the eagles without any help from Trump. They are so much more cost effective to coal generated electricity and you hardly notice them.
quote:

Sure do! Don’t like them eating my guineas and chickens, but no big deal.</font id=“red”>

Never ate a fish out of the Ashley River, but I’m sure I would.</font id=“red”>

Yes. </font id=“red”>

Never listened to him, does he get it right?</font id=“red”>

Why yes I can.</font id=“red”>

What I feel about the EPA and NOAA is they take the Old testament apporach too often and it needs to change. “if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee” This is their approach and should not be. Get more factual information before knee jerk and money inspired reactions.

Do some research on DDT, one of the better pestisides out there if used correctly. Did you know that India still produces and uses it. It is argued that 20 million childeren have died because of the lack of DDT use.

On the climate change, show me some hard proof that Man is accelerating it. IT’s going

quote:

quote:
PalmerScott

St and br, y’all are full of shiiiiit. No one is talking about repealing the clean air act or cercla or rcra or anything else like them. Just getting our govt institutions back to doing meaningful work. Just as it should be.

NOAA and EPA employees are government employees. Not much chance they’ll be out of a job.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

The sky is falling and the hole in the Oring will kill us all! Trump is not eliminating the rules & regulations. He is ridding us of a bloated bureaucracy.

But ST , I’m sure that if you called Trump and offered to pay for the EPA yourself, he would listen. I like that Trump is not making us pay for BS.

Ha Ha Ha !!! Cut it out Tonic. You’re killin’ us! You need to find a Comedy forum for this stuff. You could quit your day job, and be a stand in for Colbert.

On a serious note…from a contrarian point of view it might be a good investment to invest in the Zero Water guys. According to Sea tonic they’re going to be tonin’ it. Better get in early dudes. And how about those Mississippi catfish farmers? Talapia and catfish are going to be going for sushi prices. I might dig a big hole in the backyard and start one myself. I’ll make sure to call the utilities hot line first. I don’t want to cut Tonic’s cable feed, and miss out on his stand up routine.

quote:
Originally posted by bulldog1

Ha Ha Ha !!! Cut it out Tonic. You’re killin’ us! You need to find a Comedy forum for this stuff. You could quit your day job, and be a stand in for Colbert.

On a serious note…from a contrarian point of view it might be a good investment to invest in the Zero Water guys. According to Sea tonic they’re going to be tonin’ it. Better get in early dudes. And how about those Mississippi catfish farmers? Talapia and catfish are going to be going for sushi prices. I might dig a big hole in the backyard and start one myself. I’ll make sure to call the utilities hot line first. I don’t want to cut Tonic’s cable feed, and miss out on his stand up routine.

I suggest you get a permit from the EPA prior to digging that hole…disruption of wetland.