Any wine makers on here?

Nice little still you’ve got there

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

If you can find an old five gallon stainless steel DeLavalve milking machine, they make an excellent still. They have a rubber sealed cap and various valves on the lid. The one I have knowledge of uses a flowing water condenser and a copper slobber box. The person who owns this rig buys the one gallon cans of peaches from Costco and makes some peach brandy that makes you think it’s thanksgiving Christmas and new years all at the same time!

ZX

quote:
Originally posted by tanksgt

If you can find an old five gallon stainless steel DeLavalve milking machine, they make an excellent still. They have a rubber sealed cap and various valves on the lid. The one I have knowledge of uses a flowing water condenser and a copper slobber box. The person who owns this rig buys the one gallon cans of peaches from Costco and makes some peach brandy that makes you think it’s thanksgiving Christmas and new years all at the same time!

ZX

5 gallon? That size would be for water purification only. :wink:

Sometimes it gets mighty thirsty in the Lowcountry. We NEED the larger size.

ZX

Update - Day 13 - Last night
Went home and took a sample
SG is 0.994 That works out to 13.05% alcohol. Not too shabby
I racked into the primary fermenter and added the chemicals. Metabisulfite to kill any remaining yeast, then the clarifiers and stabilizers. Stir, stir, stir to degas

I washed the carboy and racked the wine back into it.

The airlock went back on and it’s sitting in the coolest closet in the house.

Let the waiting begin.