Anyone purchased a used boat lately?

Okay, so against my better wishes - here is a pic of my new baby. Some of you may recognize this boat and/or know it’s owner. 2014 195 Sportfish. Like I said, we did get a great deal, financing/payments aren’t an issue for us and we’re both happy - so PLEASE, please leave that discussion out. I’ve spent many, many years fishing our waters, love this site and hope to be a permanent resident on here, so hoping we can all leave the personal financial talk out of it. Bottom line - we got a great deal on it, we can afford it, and we love it.

So, that being said - what do you guys think? 105 hours, and fully loaded.

Sweet rig :sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Mighty fine vessel! Love the powder coated tube.Keep her clean, covered, and maintained and you will do well on resale down the road.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Thanks you guys - I’m honestly about to explode I’m so excited. The owner has taken immaculate care of her, and it shows. That’s definitely something I plan on continuing. It’s just… - she does a lot of wakeboarding and I do fishing. Finding something we could both agree on has been a chore (to say the least) - this boat is about as close to both our wants as I could ever hope. Now, comes the longest month of my life, as I wait on the temps to warm up to something reasonable. :slight_smile:

That is a mighty fine looking rig!!! No need to wait on the temps to warm up the fish are still biting.

Nice looking boat.

I want a new boat so bad it hurts, but the one in my backyard is paid for, and I have some other financial priorities at the moment.

I have been considering dropping $1500 on a nice Trolling Motor. That should scratch the itch for a bit I think. :slight_smile:

2002 Key West 1900CC

WT, that is a beautiful boat.

Congrats, you did very well.

Now, get out there and use it so you can show us some fish pictures!

2006 17’ Sea Hunt Triton w/ 90 Yamaha, formerly a 1991 15’ Key West Explorer w/ 60 Johnson.

quote:
Originally posted by oops_lost

Wisertime, sounds like you have a lot already going on with finances. Might want to step back and look at the hidden costs of owning a boat. $100.00 plus a month in gas on top of the payment, seatow and insurance preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, Oh dont forget your anual tax bill. That boat payment might seem cheap to the hiden costs. Trust me it adds up fast. My wife reminds me of that.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

I heard this echoed again just yesterday. “Your boat is only as good as it’s COVER”.
Adam Owens at Lady’s Island Marina did mine for half the cost anywhere else. And it’s an excellent cover
contact info: cell 864 3604005 landline: 843 5924208 email: jmcanvas@gmail.com
Although from the looks of the boat you may already have a cover. But if/when anyone needs a great custom cover, call Adam

19ft. Carolina Skiff
w/115hp Yamaha 4stroke
27ft. Contender
w/twin 225hp Yamaha 4stroke

Sweet !! Have fun.

Jack Taylor