Apple (AAPL)...

quote:
Originally posted by DrumReaper

yep… my wife and her mom are phD’ers
[/quote]

me and my mom are phd’ers too…about a year into it now.

PALMETTO C ~ 16’ Sea Fox

The Morris Island Lighthouse web page
www.savethelight.org

quote:
Originally posted by DrumReaper

Dude, I hear ya, and I understand your point… but, it got an honest value analysis at $319/share… Bonzo can verify that, and Bonzo if you know how to copy a page a post it here, please do so, so SkineeJ can see…

No disrespect, Skinee, cause I understand where you coming from and I think you are up to snuff on a good bit of this stuff, but this was Mike Coval, dude…

I don't follow Mike Coval, but if he is an analyist, that means he works for Wall Street and not you. Analysts get paid by people to tell you to buy stock that they already have a position in. If he set a "price target" at $319 at some period of time, that's bad enough, but to say it is worth $319 in today's valuation then he is smoking a little ganjay...

There are 21 other analysts covering AAPL and they are putting a 2008 price target at 136-157 by the end of the year. That seems pretty fair to me.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/SRWTarget.asp?Symbol=AAPL

Also what was the date of Coval’s article? Was this at the top of the peak when AAPL was over 200 and he was doing tech analysis based on momentum? I think he should be laughed at if that article came out recently.

In reality, AAPL probably still is a growth company. It probably is a good buy right now. Just be careful though. If it was valued like MSFT, then AAPL would be selling at a lot less.

Trust me dude, I owned more shares of MSFT than anyone on this entire website when it was a growth company. I learned about valuation the expensive way. Go back and look at the chart for MSFT. If you invested 100K at the peak in 2000, then you would have 50K right now. It could take MSFT another 10-20 years before it get’s back up there. It’s nothing to do with the quality of the company. Wall Street only p

Mike’s article was this weekend… I don’t truly know what his targets are for the year, but using a stock value analysis tool, he found AAPL to be at that value.

He wrote the article this past weekend in the “Market Commentary” on Investools.

Fred W.
Romans 1:16

“You try to bragg, you get your rhymes from a grab-bag… No good scavenger, catfish vulture, my tongue’s a chisel and this competition’s sculpture…” -LL Cool J

This stock is starting to look compelling at this price… I saw that it hit $116 today. I still wouldn’t bet the farm on it, but I will at least admit that it is starting to spark an interest… If the FORWARD P\E get’s anywhere around 20, I think it’s a no-brainer…

Edit to clarify: I think it looks good for a longer term investment (5+ years). I have no idea about the short term. I just think it’s a fair value.

yea, I jumped in some March $125 calls earlier today. technically the stock has been consolidating since 1/23/08 and will look to fill the gap back up to $147.

PALMETTO C ~ 16’ Sea Fox

The Morris Island Lighthouse web page
www.savethelight.org