Building your own garage work bench

Better get a backsplash, or Murphy’s Law says anything you need at that very moment, will roll right back into the window sill.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by Area 51

You should consider dropping the height of the top at the window, to maybe desk height as it crosses the window…To have to move that thing to get access for a window replacement would be a real pain…

I can still open and close it easily at this point. That’s a new window as of five years ago, so I don’t plan on having to replace it unless I break it. :face_with_head_bandage:

id be the first one that would get pissed off at something, slam a screw driver down, and it would bounce right through that windows

quote:

Ok 23, I was just looking to the future when your wife turns the work bench into a craft table and she stacks all her plastic bins in front of the window…

LOL

You really need some lag bolts in those 4x4 to keep it secure. Over time those 2x4s will wiggle loose.

Mark Ingle
NauticStar 1810 Merc 90

quote:

Ok 23, I was just looking to the future when your wife turns the work bench into a craft table and she stacks all her plastic bins in front of the window…

You allow your wife in the garage? Ha ha ha ha... ROOKIE!!!
quote:

That looks horrible… I suggest you stick to your day job and never try to use anything with a saw blade on it again. You should also delete this picture from the internet so that those giggabits can be used for something more productive…

quote:

unless I break it.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

aaaaaaaaaand there you have it…looking good 23…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Skinnie, don’t make me come down there and knock the costas off your face; I’ll do it!!! I have a step ladder!!!

Anyways, moving along, I got the top in place last night. After talking with a few other folks in addition to the valuable CF community input, I think the smartest thing to do is use formica. That’s the next step. Probably get to that this weekend with all the rain and nothing else to do. I also have the granite piece in place where I want it. That’s going to be the base for my fly tying station eventually. Just have to work out the details.

So far, I’m into this project $133.74. Not too bad for a 16’ workbench. I’m liking it so far. I stood on it last night; its as sturdy as it can be. Looking forward to actually getting it broken in soon…

quote:

you can never ever never ever talk chit about my missing receptacle covers again…Peapod said I could post this here too…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Looks like Jeffrey Dahmer’s lunchbox…

all chiefs and no indians on here.

skinnee you seem agitated. the big inauguration festivities got you down bro?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

all chiefs and no indians on here.

skinnee you seem agitated. the big inauguration festivities got you down bro?

Nah man... This is just a character building excercise for 23sailfish... He really enjoys the abuse!

I’ve got my Trump speedos on right now actually.

Looks good 23, its one set of 4x4s more than mine. Now install some lower storage shelves between the 4x4s for extra space. I second the recommendation of a back splash.

j