But where is 23Sail going?

The trailer has a boat winch mounted to the front… or else you wouldn’t get it in there. The guides have it down to a science. First class operation there.

2 Likes

Holy Moly that things was small? Very cool. I expect to see you wearing a bison hat, horns and all.

Wow! What a trip!! I gotta make it to the Midwest at some point. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us! What part did you eat first?

Trust me, my freezer is full. I don’t think i should even hunt white tail this year anymore. I usually harvest 4-5, but with all this food, i probably should give it a rest. If only it wasn’t so much fun!

1 Like

That looks like an amazing trip. when the frigging elk are the small animals, i wouldn’t know what kind of gun to pick up.

did you shoot him 6 times or put 5 on paper first? are you getting a tanned cape and a head mount? making a teepee?

if you need help managing your herd of wood goats this year, I am raising my hand like the kid who knows the answer but the teacher won’t call on him. still got that chair sitting in my garage for ya too…

That buffalo took 6 rounds, all good shot placement except for one. I was shocked too. The last two rounds came at 30 yards when he was laid out on the ground huffing and puffing. Impressive animal for sure

And breakfast today is country buffalo breakfas sausage!

1 Like

And yes on the mount. Getting a full cape and a European mount. It’ll probably take a year, but it’s in the works!

Brock, you’re welcome to come out. We have another little one on the way, so my time is limited, but we can make it happen!

Man looks a like an awesome trip. Glad you were able to get out there before…well, you know.

count me in!

breakfast pix made me drool for real, looks delicious!

Dang, never would of guessed a Bison. Huge!

Is that a stalking kind of hunt?? Regardless, what a beast and had to lookup tablefare, and sounds like delicious. Tender with hint of sweetness and no gamey taste according to the web.

I wanna see a big steak from it.

Congrats,
NN

Yes and no I guess. We took the 4 wheelers and side by sides out to certain high spots and parked them. Then glassed for about 20-30 minutes before we located them. From there we took the 4 wheelers back on the trail to get to around 600-700 yards maybe. Slow stalked on foot from that point to get to a 200 yard shot with a good position. There was three in this group and they never saw us. They were actively grazing when I took the first shot. The guide had a scouting scope on him and it felt like one of those “big game” shows after I shot and he said, “Rack it again; hit him again!”

Adrenaline pumping for sure. This beast was easily 1000 lbs bigger than anything I’ve ever shot before.

The rest of us can only dream and live vicariously through you. I did shoot a squirrel Saturday.

That’s freaking cool, Ricky!! I bet the ticker was ticking, lol.

I gotta go do something like that with my son.

Nice job, great post!

NN

I’m with NN, a Flintstone size tomahawk steak reverse seared would be a thing of beauty and the centerpiece of the party!

Speaking of reverse seared tomahawks, I couldnt resist.

Thanks 23, these are the best ever and much appreciated

That’s just a thing of beauty there.