Camping

My time in Greenville is nearing the end…
This whole camping adventure has not been too awful bad. Have met quite a few pretty cool people over the last year. Some of them had some very interesting travel stories. One of my neighbors right now is a travel nurse. They sold their home and bought a camper.
When we finish up here probably going to sell this camper. While the market’s hot. Then in the next couple years when things tank buy me a small toy hauler. This camping gigs not too bad. Thinking might make 1last big hoorah and do all the rallies from Florida to Sturgis. No desire to go to communist California…

Put the blower to the little chimney and turn it into a forge.

My garden for this year. My 2 Charlie Brown tomato plants. Neither one has put out the first tomato. Now that it’s been down in the 30s they’re blooming and producing.wth??? The one with the blooms is a romaine tomato. The one with tomatoes on it yellow and orange cherry tomatoes.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Nice OTC. You ever been to Sturgis? If you do go, allow some time for the Bad lands, the Heads, some of the Mom and pop cave excursions, get your wifie some Black Hill’s gold, and maybe Devil’s Tower. It’s about 23 hours from Mt. Rushmore and worth a one time visit. Unlike anything you’ve seen before. It’s been a bit for me, but remember that not many rural places open on Sunday to get gas and not many places to get gas. The Bad Lands gives you a new perspective on the toughness of our Native Americans and early Pioneers.

I’ve done this trip and its a great part of the country. Fred’s right, if you go to Sturgis, there’s nothing stopping you from seeing Mount Rushmore (an hour away from Sturgis), Deadwood, and Spearfish. Deadwood is a great little place you could easily spend a day in, true old wild west history. The Badlands are also only an hour from Sturgis. And don’t miss Wall Drug Store while you’re out that way.

And if you’re really adventurous, Yellowstone is only a 7 hour drive away. That ride from Sturgis to Yellowstone is a beautiful part of the country and I can assure you that you’ll see more wildlife along this route than in any other part of the country. We saw hundreds of Whitetail and Mule deer, and probably close to a thousand pronghorn on this route. I kid you not.

And we went in late September/early October, which was just getting cold enough to start seeing some snow at the higher elevations. I would say prime weather there would be August-September, but there will be a bunch of people there too. You just don’t want to plan that trip for late October-April ish, unless you love the cold.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

My adventures to Sturgis was in my early twenties. Wasn’t too concerned about sightseeing. It was all about chasing girls and partying. If things work out I plan on retiring within 2 years.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day