Chevy S10 Question

DF if you haven’t had it done you might want to also think about a cooling system clean and flush. I had an 01 with the same engine. Check your radiator and see if it has the plastic end caps. Mine had a hair line crack on one end that I found the hard way. That pink antifreeze gelled up and caused some serious issues. Ended up with blown head gasket and oil in the water. My hoses to and from the heater core was messed up and started having to flush the core every so often.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

I replaced both upstream O2 sensors Thursday. The driver side one took all of 5 minutes. The passenger side about 25. The sensor was easy to get to but, the plug was mounted between the top of the chassis and the floor pan (thanks engineers). It would have been much easier if I had tiny baby hands. Both sensors were pretty fouled and truck actually seems to run smoother now. The “check engine” light has gone out so should be good to go.

Coot, I actually replaced the radiator about 6 months ago. It had a slow leak and upon looking real hard, I found a tiny crack. Put in new radiator, hoses and thermostat at the same time and had upper and lower intake manifolds replaced last summer so (fingers crossed), hoping we’re good for a while.

Thanks for all the input folks.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?