Colin Kaepernick defends castros life

I hated his disrespect of our National Anthem, but I guess that was his choice. But now Kaepernick is stating how good Castro was for Cuba? What the heck is wrong with this dude? Castro was an oppressive, murdering dictator. Good riddance to him.

“One thing Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system.” Kaepernick said.

Really? Kaeperdick doesn’t have a clue. Doesn’t cost much to run a firing squad over a prison and Cuba does not have the highest literacy rate.

There are 3,615 documented firing squad murders and In addition to the firing squad executions 1,253 extrajudicial killings were also at the hands of Castro. Not to mention the many boats he sank leaving Cuba with Women and children on board.

Does converting to Islam teach such things, supposedly Kaeperdick had a 4.0 grade point average. Maybe he took too many blows to the head playing fooseball.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Think maybe, he equates sitting on his ass to him being a revolutionary:question:

The guy is an uninformed idiot liberal. Redundant?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

and Cuba does not have the highest literacy rate.

While stipulating Kaepernick is a douche and Castro will not be missed, the literacy rate of Cuba is within a couple of tenths of the top (99.7%). And the chart is most notably populated towards the top by former Soviet bloc countries …

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate[/url]

Hitler had some great ideas as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Reelly Old

and Cuba does not have the highest literacy rate.

While stipulating Kaepernick is a douche and Castro will not be missed, the literacy rate of Cuba is within a couple of tenths of the top (99.7%). And the chart is most notably populated towards the top by former Soviet bloc countries …

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate[/url]

so you are saying the juice was worth the squeeze?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Literacy rate is simply the percentage of people who can read or write. Cuba can have a high literacy rate AND Castro can be a ruthless dictator at the same time. Also, being literate is great, but it doesn’t necessarily equate with being well-educated. Most of us on this forum were literate by the time we were 8 years old. Educated? Not so much.

I doubt that his brother Raul will make Cuba a bastion of freedom but hopefully he will govern his people in a more humane manner than Fidel did. Cuba has a lot of potential if they can get out of the communist mindset.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

The only reason Americans are not as literate is because the American Education system has gone out of it’s way to make sure of it. That’s a fact.

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

Literacy rate is simply the percentage of people who can read or write. Cuba can have a high literacy rate AND Castro can be a ruthless dictator at the same time. Also, being literate is great, but it doesn’t necessarily equate with being well-educated. Most of us on this forum were literate by the time we were 8 years old. Educated? Not so much.

I doubt that his brother Raul will make Cuba a bastion of freedom but hopefully he will govern his people in a more humane manner than Fidel did. Cuba has a lot of potential if they can get out of the communist mindset.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Hopefully Raul will do a good job, but he was just as ruthless as his brother and has a lot of blood on his hands.

so you are saying the juice was worth the squeeze?

Nope, just trying to improve the knowledge base before things get too skewed from reality … :flushed:

Waste Is A Terrible Thing To Mind!
quote:
Originally posted by jstrange

The only reason Americans are not as literate is because the American Education system has gone out of it’s way to make sure of it. That’s a fact.

That and the traditional American Family is on the verge of extinction. Parents are friends to their kids, not parents and at-home educators that strengthen and reinforce the education granted to their kids. The family is the failure in my opinion, not the schools or the system most of the time.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
The family is the failure in my opinion, not the schools or the system most of the time.

Amen. My wife has taught for 31 years. There is a direct and extremely important correlation between successful students and unsuccessful students and what kind of family life they live. Strong parental support and discipline couple with a loving Mom & Dad will almost always trump a dysfunctional household when it comes to a child’s education.

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:
Originally posted by jstrange

That and the traditional American Family is on the verge of extinction. Parents are friends to their kids, not parents and at-home educators that strengthen and reinforce the education granted to their kids. The family is the failure in my opinion, not the schools or the system most of the time.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

An additional reason. The two combined...ooof
quote:
Originally posted by Reelly Old so you are saying the juice was worth the squeeze?

Nope, just trying to improve the knowledge base before things get too skewed from reality … :flushed:

Waste Is A Terrible Thing To Mind!

In that case thank you for letting me know that Cuba has one of the highest literacy rates around. The kids parents were probably held accountable, and I’m sure they did not want to face a firing squad like so many did under Castro’s ruthless rule.

We should try to find out how they do it, seems to have worked pretty well … :wink:

People need to quit giving him a platform.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

People need to quit giving him a platform.

People need someone to hate... Don't take that comfort from them... :smiley:

As far as I am concerned… Colin who???

Kaepernick has been hit on the head a few to many times. Interestingly I learned that a native from Columbia SC actually led some of Castro’s firing squads back in the early revolution days. Neill Macauley from Columbia SC graduated from The Citadel (BA History), served in Korea, went on to train Castro firing squads, and was eventually promoted as an officer in Castro’s revolution. He later went on to get a phd and eventually a faculty position at UF. He wrote a couple of books about US latin american issues.

How does one train a firing squad?

Practice, ED!