Coming to Charleston Next Week - Help

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:
demetri park

oh boy

I was eagerly awaiting someone to jump on this. Thank you, Mr. Pod.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Ok… Very close to my house, so now you have my attention, so I’ll bite. What’s with Demetri (sunrise) park?

Key West 1720 Sportsman

quote:
Originally posted by roper
quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:
demetri park

oh boy

I was eagerly awaiting someone to jump on this. Thank you, Mr. Pod.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Ok… Very close to my house, so now you have my attention, so I’ll bite. What’s with Demetri (sunrise) park?

Key West 1720 Sportsman

I am wondering too and I am more in the dark than the rest of you since I have no idea of the history of that spot.

FishFinder

There was a incident with a guy putting up fake reports and recycled pictures and he got called out on it. He responded with he was just using those pics to keep his secret spot at the park safe. He claimed to catch a giant redfish there and said he fished from like 12 to 4 and I was there the day he claimed in the same time frame with my dogs and no one fishing caught anything good. He had a lot of b.s. reports on that place. Its been a running joke since. His id was kebda something. He got roasted and disappeared. We had a good laugh.

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

There was a incident with a guy putting up fake reports and recycled pictures and he got called out on it. He responded with he was just using those pics to keep his secret spot at the park safe. He claimed to catch a giant redfish there and said he fished from like 12 to 4 and I was there the day he claimed in the same time frame with my dogs and no one fishing caught anything good. He had a lot of b.s. reports on that place. Its been a running joke since. His id was kebda something. He got roasted and disappeared. We had a good laugh.

ok that makes sense. I am a member of another fishing forum and to avoid any of that nonsense, you are not allowed to say specifically where you caught a fish. You could say something like “out front in XYZ county” meaning on the surf or “out back” of course in the bay or rivers. In the end, it would prevent a guy like who you were referring to from having to give a false fishing report simply to throw the scent off of where he was really fishing.

FishFinder

quote:

Kebda was a legend. No matter how hard you try you’ll never fill his shoes

Kebda was the greatest there ever was and ever will be. know that.

Good grief Eric you must belong to Stripers on line LOL. I moved down to myrtle beach and am having a hell of a time trying to find any place to surf around here except murrells inlet by Huntington beach. Maybe I should go down to Charleston.

I would hit up Colonial park or go to a pier. Colonial is the weirdest/ coolest place I can think of fishing on the SE coast. I saw footlong mullet busting the surface about 3 weeks ago being chased by something huge. Couple of locals that chatted with me said they saw some reds in the slot size when the clarity was really good. This was all before the Chucktown tournament. I have no idea how fish stay in there. Bring deet, the sand gnats ate us alive.

The chucktown tournament had the slowest fishing out but then again there was close to 400 people chunking bait. A fun day though and cool little event.

quote:
Originally posted by Myrtleman44

Good grief Eric you must belong to Stripers on line LOL. I moved down to myrtle beach and am having a hell of a time trying to find any place to surf around here except murrells inlet by Huntington beach. Maybe I should go down to Charleston.

Yes, absolutely. I am part of the Stripers Online family. I am also in the process of moving. The wife and I are looking for a place on the water in SW FL. Need to begin enjoying life a little.

FishFinder

Well at least moving to florida you can still get reports from SOL they don’t report from here. Oh well too bad for that.

quote:

Got ya. Thanks

Key West 1720 Sportsman

You can also try the Alberta Sottile pond by the marina. It’s really close to Colonial. Pretty easy access with a couple of fishing docks. No idea what you can catch there but it’s never listed on this forum so it’s either the best kept secret here or the fishing is terrible.

Shh the Lockwood pond has no fish absolutely none. I’m not a big pond fisher though that was the first time at colonial but have fished the other pond a few times when I was dt with time to kill.

Hey guys, I really appreciate all of the ■■■■■■■■ provided in this thread. Unfortunately, it was the perfect storm of negativity out there yesterday. The bait shops were out of bait. No F crabs and no shrimp. None of them. Apparently the crabs get bought up the moment they come in according to one shop owner. Then another shop said there just isn’t any shrimp right now. So, throwing artificials in the windy conditions we had did not produce anything either. Just one of those days…

FishFinder