Confederate cleansing

Serious question. Where does it stop? Didnt Market Hall once house the Confedrate Museum? Should the area be razed? Should the forts be demolished? Charleston has had a democrat as mayor for over a hundred years. When does he pull a Baltimore and make a unilateral decision?

The tourists aren’t coming here just for shrimp and grits.

Well said, both of you.

God bless the “ignore” function.

It’s about the money. Don’t see much activity at Gettysburg.

https://www.nps.gov/gett/planyourvisit/fees.htm

http://www.eveningsun.com/story/archives/2014/03/06/report-visitors-spent-66-million-local-communities-2012/75711124/

It never stops. It doesn’t matter how far anyone goes to appease the progressives, it will never be enough.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

The Confederate lost while attempting to split the US, supporting keeping statues of them on public land is asking the government to support anti-America ideology. Unfortunately, museums can have anything you want in them. Keep your anti-American statues off of public property. So odd that republicans don’t want the government involved in anything but sure as hell want to complain about taking the government out of remembering those losers, the Confederate leaders.

This was settled the last statue we talked about, long before the president outed himself as willing to be racist.
BG

quote:
Originally posted by btodag

The Confederate lost while attempting to split the US, supporting keeping statues of them on public land is asking the government to support anti-America ideology. Unfortunately, museums can have anything you want in them. Keep your anti-American statues off of public property. </font id=“red”> So odd that republicans don’t want the government involved in anything but sure as hell want to complain about taking the government out of remembering those losers, the Confederate leaders.

This was settled the last statue we talked about, long before the president outed himself as willing to be racist.
BG

Remind me again who the fascist is?

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

quote:

The Confederate lost while attempting to split the US, supporting keeping statues of them on public land is asking the government to support anti-America ideology. Unfortunately, museums can have anything you want in them. Keep your anti-American statues off of public property. So odd that republicans don’t want the government involved in anything but sure as hell want to complain about taking the government out of remembering those losers, the Confederate leaders.

BG

You didnt answer the question.

That era of American history is an integral part of Charleston life. There is no reason to remove the statues. Adding explanatory plaques in which the history of the specific monument is put into perspective would be appropriate.

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

That era of American history is an integral part of Charleston life. There is no reason to remove the statues. Adding explanatory plaques in which the history of the specific monument is put into perspective would be appropriate.

quote:

BG

Ever been to the battle fields in Gettysburg? Try putting that into a museum and having the same experience.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Dear Sea Tonic…You are correct sir. I tip my overly big hat to you for saying so.

quote:

Well put sea tonic. We might not agree on a lot of politics but we do on this.

The Indians lost while fighting against America, let’s pull down all the monument dedicated to native Americans ~~~~

You can’t change history no matter what good or bad happened.

It is a small group making a big fuss over nothing when so many important issues need attention.

“Why Bruce?”

quote:

So that era was not an integral part of Columbias life? I dont know if you know about those little fires. Gettysburg or Baltimore? Wonder why they put up statues? Those lives didnt mean as much? What if the blacks dont feel the same way? Are you speaking for them now?

quote:

BG

The federal government gave all…ALL Confederate soldiers the status of being soldiers of the United States. They have all due honor and privilege as anyone that served before or there after in any war.

The president is not a racist. However, you are a dumb sumbich. I was never impressed with you when I met you.

Ouch!! That’s going to leave a scar.

jstrange…Remind me not to piss you off. You sling a sharp blade my friend. I’m bringing cookies if we get a chance to meet. LOL!!

quote:
Originally posted by jstrange
quote:

BG

The federal government gave all…ALL Confederate soldiers the status of being soldiers of the United States. They have all due honor and privilege as anyone that served before or there after in any war.

The president is not a racist. However, you are a dumb sumbich. I was never impressed with you when I met you.

There's not much that BG posts that is of much value. He claimed that Robert E Lee was a traitor. So untrue. Lee was a Virginia resident and when it seceded from the union , Lee was no longer a US citizen and not subject to US treason laws. Lee went on to serve the USA in the reconstruction and donated his homeland to the USA for what is now Arlington cemetary. I salute his memory and statue. I think (from his posts) that BG is young and may still be living with his parents?
quote:
Originally posted by natureboy
quote:
quote:

BG

There's not much that BG posts that is of much value. He claimed that Robert E Lee was a traitor. So untrue. Lee was a Virginia resident and when it seceded from the union , Lee was no longer a US citizen and not subject to US treason laws. Lee went on to serve the USA in the reconstruction and donated his homeland to the USA for what is now Arlington cemetary. I salute his memory and statue. I think (from his posts) that BG is young and may still be living with his par

Thanks, and yes I understand that he is a whiner

quote:
quote:

BG

I’m called a ‘sumbich’ occasionally, but I’d almost argue that dumb has never been tossed my way.

Hope you’re doing well, never made the connection, even though at most we met in passing. Sorry I failed to impress you as we passed each other in the hallway. Come hang with me, I’ll show you how to be impressed.

We disagree on politics and you guys start hating me over it. Disagreeing is the absolute perfection that is America. Don’t hate me.

MixedNuts threatened my life in a fishing forum and apparently heard from the admin about it. MixedNuts, I’m deeply sorry that I gave you reason to threaten my life in a fishing for