Democrats Own Racism

The dems are the party of hate, lynchings, Jim Crow Laws & Bull Connor. And those are the facts.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/you-lie-heckler-yells-gop-lawmaker-notes-democrats-links-slavery-jim

–The party’s platform in support of slavery, six times, between 1840-1860.

–The fact seven Democratic presidents owned slaves.

–The party’s platforms “that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject,” 20 times between 1868 and 1948.

–The fact three-fourths of the opposition in the House to the 1964 Civil Rights Act came from Democrats, along with 80 percent of the opposition in the Senate.

–The role the Democratic Party played in creating Jim Crow laws. (“These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 50-year part of the DNC’s missing years.”)

This fella got it right. Wonder if he’ll walk away & swing the popular vote Trump’s way to go along with the landslide EC super delagates?

https://quillette.com/2019/06/20/my-testimony-to-congress-on-reparations/

Need to clarify and be truthful and state it was the “Southern” Democrats that did all of this and then switched over to being Republicans because of the “Northern” Democrats being too liberal…

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/h-1477

Nice try though…

RBF

Might want to read up on this one too before spreading more partisan hack misinformation again…

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/may/25/michael-steele/steele-says-gop-fought-hard-civil-rights-bills-196/

https://www.countable.us/articles/17557-■■■■■■■■■■-republicans-voted-civil-rights-act-percentage-democrats-did

“During this period, the South was a Democratic stronghold that consistently resisted the civil rights movement.”

Ole Strom Thurmond at his best:
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/the-filibuster-that-almost-killed-the-civil-rights-act/

“On this day in 1964, the Senate was involved in an epic fight over the Civil Right Act, after a group of Southern senators started a record-setting filibuster in March.”

Funny how ole Strom became a Repub in 1964…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365 This fella got it right. Wonder if he'll walk away & swing the popular vote Trump's way to go along with the landslide EC super delagates?

Do you know anything about how the process works? That’s just a sad statement right there… Superdelegates are related to the Democratic primary, not the General Election…

Geez, no wonder you post such nonsense all the time…

RBF

I rather enjoy BAY’s posts and understand that sometimes we all miss-speak

In the 1800’s the republicans passed civil rights laws. Then down the road Woodrow Wilson (D) was quite important in reviving the KKK by weakening civil rights laws. Then LBJ In the 60’s he fought any civil rights laws until he became president and wanted to pull black voters into the dem party. What LBJ did sounded great in speeches , but he made sure there were severe limitations. The blacks were promised all manner of goodies they never received and remained on the Dem plantation…… So what was the exact day that the DEM’s magically changed?

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

I rather enjoy BAY’s posts and understand that sometimes we all miss-speak

In the 1800’s the republicans passed civil rights laws. Then down the road Woodrow Wilson (D) was quite important in reviving the KKK by weakening civil rights laws. Then LBJ In the 60’s he fought any civil rights laws until he became president and wanted to pull black voters into the dem party. What LBJ did sounded great in speeches , but he made sure there were severe limitations. The blacks were promised all manner of goodies they never received and remained on the Dem plantation…… So what was the exact day that the DEM’s magically changed?

Bay is a Republican political hack just spouting out fake extreme right wing BS.

You do realize your example of WW is an excellent example of making my point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Woodrow_Wilson_Boyhood_Home

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Woodrow-Wilson

Born in Virginia, raised in several different post war Southern States…

The reality is there were Southern Democrats that supported slavery and lack of civil rights. What the new age southern Repubs try to ignore is how they became Repubs to begin with…

I’ll play your game though… If you new southern Repubs say the Democrats own Racism, then I agree as the South was for the most part all Democrats…

Are the new southern Repubs admitting their racist history, and trying to atone/conceal by switching parties?

In the end, racism wasn’t political party as much as it was geography and culture back then. The new southern Repubs are just up to their old tricks of changing positions in an attempt to garner political control under a new “brand”…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth [br Bay is a Republican political hack just spouting out fake extreme right wing BS.

The reality is there were Southern Democrats that supported slavery and lack of civil rights. What the new age southern Repubs try to ignore is how they became Repubs to begin with…

Are the new southern Repubs admitting their racist history, and trying to atone/conceal by switching parties?

In the end, racism wasn’t political party as much as it was geography and culture back then. The new southern Repubs are just up to their old tricks of changing positions in an attempt to garner political control under a new “brand”…

RBF

Dang RBF, you catch Bay pizzing in your Wheaties? I don’t think he is a hack at all. And give me some example of the B.S. you are referring to. You mean the stuff our main stream media won’t voice because of their liberal bias and hate of anything good done by Trump or pretty much anyone conservative?

Most everyone has done things in their past they are not proud of, but this Race baiting crap that you are pulling needs to stop. When you start going back looking for it, of course you’ll find it. It was there. I’m sure it may still go on now, but not much that I see. All this talk of reparation and such only keeps bringing racism up and a chance to thrive, lets throw dirt back on it and let it rot. To many other important things to worry about.

Most everybody on here loves how Bay keeps things up to date & tells the truth!

quote:

Most everybody on here loves how Bay keeps things up to date & tells the truth!

I'll second that.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

Lee , you and I have casually discussed this before - Was there in fact a magical day when the Dems became republicans and visa versi ? What day was that? Was it the Robert Byrd KKK funeral?

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy So what was the exact day that the DEM's magically changed?

You sure did dodge my questions…

There wasn’t an exact day, but there was an fairly exact/salient time period. Why did the Deep South, that hadn’t carried a Republican president until 1964, all of a sudden become Republican in 1964? You are essentially claiming that after almost 100 years after the Civil War the Southern Democrats who were for slavery, and wanted to keep segregation, magically decided one day between 1960 and 1964 that they would atone for their past and decided to become Republicans because they were the party that wasn’t racist…

I knew Lee Atwater, and I assure you he knew more about the inner workings of the Repubs than you or anyone else here knows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ

Now, let’s juxtapose the 2 parties here recently: The Dems have more minority representation in Congress, have elected a biracial/black President, and nominated a Woman for President, yet they are the racists… OK, that makes total sense…

I have another question back to you since you like the trick of the “exact” magical day… What magical day did the Republicans become pro-life when they were more for abortion than the Dems in 1972 and are responsible for the SCOTUS RvW decision… Remind us all again what that “exact” magical day was…

RBF

quote:

Lee , you and I have casually discussed this before - Was there in fact a magical day when the Dems became republicans and visa versi ? What day was that? Was it the Robert Byrd KKK funeral?

No. The big "party switch" is a propagandist lie that dishonest Liberals like to repeat to revise history and cover up their racist past.

But don’t take it from me. Watch the following. :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/u_TuuL9z_js

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:
Originally posted by natureboy So what was the exact day that the DEM's magically changed?

You sure did dodge my questions…

There wasn’t an exact day, but there was an fairly exact/salient time period. Why did the Deep South, that hadn’t carried a Republican president until 1964, all of a sudden become Republican in 1964? You are essentially claiming that after almost 100 years after the Civil War the Southern Democrats who were for slavery, and wanted to keep segregation, magically decided one day between 1960 and 1964 that they would atone for their past and decided to become Republicans because they were the party that wasn’t racist…

I knew Lee Atwater, and I assure you he knew more about the inner workings of the Repubs than you or anyone else here knows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ

Now, let’s juxtapose the 2 parties here recently: The Dems have more minority representation in Congress, have elected a biracial/black President, and nominated a Woman for President, yet they are the racists… OK, that makes total sense…

I have another question back to you since you like the trick of the “exact” magical day… What magical day did the Republicans become pro-life when they were more for abortion than the Dems in 1972 and are responsible for the SCOTUS RvW decision… Remind us all again what that “exact” magical day was…

RBF

Southern people wanted slavery? How about the Emancipation Proclamation, or Proclamation 95, No slavery?. All by Abraham Lincoln’s authority lets stop all slavery in southern States

History says democrats own racism

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/3554

c/p -
History reveals that the Republican Party was formed in 1854 to abolish slavery and challenge other racist legislative acts initiated by the Democratic Party.

however the deception continues for the revisionists

Antifa, the new KKK for the dem party & loads of money from communists seeking division

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67 Southern people wanted slavery? How about the Emancipation Proclamation, or Proclamation 95, No slavery?. All by Abraham Lincoln's authority lets stop all slavery in southern States, but Slavery is OK in the North? History wants to show Abraham Lincoln as the liberator of Slaves. That is a historical moment of bs. The civil war was never over slavery, just the North hating the South and all the Great things it was doing.... The South had already figured out that they could gain more from cheap Ireland and Chinees labor than what it cost to maintain slavery. ..

Want racism, just way back to Abraham Lincoln. Many may disagree, but the truth is the truth. Good old Abraham would not dismiss slavery in the North, just the South… and that was all for the benefit of pushing the war of Northern Aggression.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

I don’t agree with your assessment whatsoever, but I’ll let the resident Repubs that argue the Republican Party is responsible for freeing the slaves, and aren’t the racist party, chime in because you just blew their whole argument/propaganda to shreds…

My guess is they’ll give you a pass on this one because you tow the modern day Repub party line which you have asserted was born out of racism…

RBF can’t thank you enough Fred…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by gotchacovered
quote:

No. The big "party switch" is a propagandist lie that dishonest Liberals like to repeat to revise history and cover up their racist past.

But don’t take it from me. Watch the following. :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/u_TuuL9z_js

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

Thanks Lee. It always seemed to me that if there was some magical day that the DEM’s became Republicans, that would have been the end of DEM’s in the south. But there still seem to be plenty around - and some rather vocal ones!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67 Southern people wanted slavery? How about the Emancipation Proclamation, or Proclamation 95, No slavery?. All by Abraham Lincoln's authority lets stop all slavery in southern States, but Slavery is OK in the North? History wants to show Abraham Lincoln as the liberator of Slaves. That is a historical moment of bs. The civil war was never over slavery, just the North hating the South and all the Great things it was doing.... The South had already figured out that they could gain more from cheap Ireland and Chinees labor than what it cost to maintain slavery. ..

Want racism, just way back to Abraham Lincoln. Many may disagree, but the truth is the truth. Good old Abraham would not dismiss slavery in the North, just the South… and that was all for the benefit of pushing the war of Northern Aggression.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

I don’t agree with your assessment whatsoever, but I’ll let the resident Repubs that argue the Republican Party is responsible for freeing the slaves, and aren’t the racist party, chime in because you just blew their whole argument/propaganda to shreds…

My guess is they’ll give you a pass on this one because you tow the modern day Repub party line which you have asserted was born out of racism…

RBF can’t thank you enough Fred…

RBF

SO by your own admission you think political parties are the same today as 200 years ago?

Does it matter now what the war was truly over? Does it matter that less than 1% of Americans actually owned slaves? Do we need to pay reparation sever

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67 SO by your own admission you think political parties are the same today as 200 years ago?

Nope, and that is my point… The Southern Repubs have been trying to trick people into believing that garbage… The parties have changed/evolved over the years, but that is all the Repubs have to “hang their hat on” to avoid being outed as their actions don’t support their claims… They make specious claims they are the party of Lincoln as he and his party freed the slaves…

Why don’t you argue with natureboy and the other resident Repubs about the history of slavery and whether the Repubs (party of Lincoln) really freed the slaves as they claim… Their argument about their own party is contradictory to your own beliefs of the North and Repubs as being the racist in the civil war…

Thanks again Fred…

RBF

Good thing she wasn’t working on Trump’s campaign or the dems would be lynching her like they did to blacks that try to leave their plantation

https://freebeacon.com/politics/just-promoted-dccc-official-has-history-of-homophobic-racist-comments/

c/p - In 2009, Coleman said she was “working like a dark skinned slave.”

oh my I guess she’s just the other side of the twix bar

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67 SO by your own admission you think political parties are the same today as 200 years ago?

Nope, and that is my point… The Southern Repubs have been trying to trick people into believing that garbage… The parties have changed/evolved over the years, but that is all the Repubs have to “hang their hat on” to avoid being outed as their actions don’t support their claims… They make specious claims they are the party of Lincoln as he and his party freed the slaves…

Why don’t you argue with natureboy and the other resident Repubs about the history of slavery and whether the Repubs (party of Lincoln) really freed the slaves as they claim… Their argument about their own party is contradictory to your own beliefs of the North and Repubs as being the racist in the civil war…

Thanks again Fred…

RBF

Not sure what the thanks are for… You are the one that disagrees with me that the War of Northern aggression was over slavery. NOt sure what tricks you are referring to. And I have no reason to argue with Natureboy, other than the loss of Headboats. And we wouldn’t argue over that.