Dock light striper??

Big deal…I know you know how to catch them with a fly…hell you’ve done it on my boat…still like to see you catch one on a fly rod instead of a cane pole though.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Why all the negativity:wink:

“Living’s mostly wasting time and I’ll waste my share of mine”

quote:
Originally posted by striperskiff

I use my hydro glow mostly in the late spring/early summer. This pic is pretty typical of what it looks after drawing the bait in.

I usually will go to a typical hump or point I would fish during the day and set up, normally 30’-40’ or so. I like to get out just before dark and have the light in the water before it turns totally dark. Even when they look to be thick enough on the surface to walk across them, I still pretty much always fish a few cranks off the bottom, at least until the water warms and the fish are suspended over deep water.

Like anything with fishing though, you never know day to day, so it’s always best to bring at least some bait along just in case.

Be warned though. This kind of fishing is not for everyone. If you don’t enjoy getting on the lake after a hard day at work, sipping your favorite cold beverage </font id=“green”> while watching the sun set over the horizon as you gaze at tons of bait under the boat that you can catch at will just under the beautiful green glowing surface while waiting for the tips of your downrods to double over… you may not enjoy this type of fishing.</font id=“red”>

Haha! I can’t think of any of my fishing buddies who wouldn’t enjoy that type of fishing! Is there any other type? :smiley:

I enjoyed reading all the real life experiences (with pics) shared here. Informative, good stuff.

Here’s a big Lake Lanier Lanmar Marina fish from the dock…I fished all night but caught it right at daybreak, one rainy morning in June…34 lbs.

Team Shad Up & Fish

If you’ve had fun catching fish on the transom bait, you are welcome…

I’ve spent about 85% of my life’s wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted…

Nice fish! Haven’t fished Lanier in years, makes me wan’t to try them again!

quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Bites

Here’s a big Lake Lanier Lanmar Marina fish from the dock…I fished all night but caught it right at daybreak, one rainy morning in June…34 lbs.

Team Shad Up & Fish

If you’ve had fun catching fish on the transom bait, you are welcome…

I’ve spent about 85% of my life’s wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted…

Holy cow(literally)! Wow

“Living’s mostly wasting time and I’ll waste my share of mine”