Fox News reporting Clemson

Banns student from public prayer! Don’t have a link! Anyone know what this is about:question: I hope it’s not some PC, BS:face_with_head_bandage:

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/clemson-admin-forbids-man-from-praying-outside-free-speech-zone-calls-it-‘solicitation’.191816/

On Thursday afternoon, an administrator at Clemson University forced a man praying on campus to leave because he was not in a designated free speech zone and was not permitted to “solicit” outside of one.

Shawn Jones, assistant director for client services at Clemson, approached the man praying near the Fort Hill section of campus around 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 25, asking him to leave because he was not in a “designated free speech area” and “solicitation” was not permitted outside of one.

Young Americans for Freedom member Kyra Palange confronted Jones on camera, questioning why he forced the individual to stop praying.

Jones can be seen explaining that the entire campus is not, in fact, a free speech zone and the man would need to follow bureaucratic procedure in order to pray in that particular area.

In an exclusive statement to Young America’s Foundation, Palange provided her account of the events that unfolded:

I was walking across the grassy area near Fort Hill after class at about 3:15 when I saw someone sitting in a folding chair. Next to him was another folding chair with an 8×10 sign that said PRAYER. I approached him and we sat down to pray for a few minutes. When we finished, a man from the university approached us and said he could not be praying there because it was not a “designated free speech area” and presented the person who was praying with a form for the procedures for applying for “solicitation” on campus. He told him he had to leave.

Attention Clemson: The entire United States of America is a free speech zone. If an American wants to exercise their religion, they should be able to do it regardless of whether or not they are in a “designated free speech area.” And silently offering prayer to anyone who wants to take part is not “solicitation.”

Thankfully YAF activists like Kyra are bold enough to expose these ridiculous policies.

Sound like he’s a trouble maker. Why go to a university campus,prop up an 8X10 sign saying “Prayer”, and start praying? A regular sheet of plywood is 4X8…

I have nothing against praying, go to a church or some other religious facility and pray. Clemson University doesn’t allow solicitation, simple.

Perhaps the praying trespasser should travel to the university in the armpit of the state, and sit Muskchimp in the chair beside him and pray…they need it. Perhaps their prayer will allow an angel quarterback to descend from the heavens…they need it

There is probably 2 places that I can think of that could use prayer the most. A University campus, and prison.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’ve always found that I can pray silently in my head, no matter where I am, and it doesn’t bother anybody. God hears you, no need to make a scene.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

True Larry, I agree. But if you are praying for someone couldn’t it help if they hear the message?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Sound like he’s a trouble maker. Why go to a university campus,prop up an 8X10 sign saying “Prayer”, and start praying? A regular sheet of plywood is 4X8…

I have nothing against praying, go to a church or some other religious facility and pray. Clemson University doesn’t allow solicitation, simple.

Perhaps the praying trespasser should travel to the university in the armpit of the state, and sit Muskchimp in the chair beside him and pray…they need it. Perhaps their prayer will allow an angel quarterback to descend from the heavens…they need it

I do agree with you on this one Poly. You must know the bible! We are not to pray in public like this guy did. All the prayers in the world wont un-do the Spurrier damage in one season

Attention Clemson: The entire United States of America is a free speech zone.

One would think a university student would know the fallacy in that statement. Great way to pick-up chicks, though. Hey, babe, wanna pray? Must be a wide-eyed first year phenom … :face_with_head_bandage:

Wonder what would’ve been said or Clemsons policy if he had spread a rug on the ground and faced Mecca while shouting allah acbar !!!
Sad how Christianity is now discouraged while PC is elevated to new highs…:angry:

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

What’s going on down there?

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/08/29/sc-high-school-bans-american-flag-from-football-games/

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

The way I understand Clemson’s position, is, that only registered students have a “right to freedom of speech”. Others, including parents are off of the reservation, when it comes to freedom of expression, I guess? I wonder just how the Clemson Faculty plans on handling the prayer in the stadium, when Clemson is up, by one point, ten seconds remaining, and Florida State is attempting a field goal from the twenty three yard line???..[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by Bayrider7365

What’s going on down there?

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/08/29/sc-high-school-bans-american-flag-from-football-games/

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

That crap disappeared, today, as fast as it appeared Friday night!

Matthew 6 5-6

Mark 16:15

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

quote:
Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

I agree and believe every word. That’s not the same as posting a huge sign in a public place!

I used to provide security for the ‘Thursday Preacher’ at a medium-sized public university. This guy could have been an oratory instructor for Westboro Baptist. He had finally learned he could wail on the sinners, but not where it disrupted academia, and only in a designated location. Oh, and the security was to keep some babe’s boyfriend from laying his ass out when he called her a whore if she’d ever had sex.

And old war hero once said’ I fought for this country so we could have freedom of expression, but your freedom OF expression stops where my freedom FROM your expression starts’.

Sometimes Evil Must Be Done So Good May Flourish.

I don’t really think a sign that’s 8 INCHES by 10 INCHES is that “huge” really… :smiley:

I am curious as to what (if anything) would have been said had he been a Muslim. I say that simply from the standpoint of not appearing to be prejudiced against Muslims vs not caring about being prejudiced towards Christians.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?