Front Loader Recommendations

Whatever you do decide to buy, get the extended warranty.

quote:
Originally posted by misslily

Darnit; I opened the thread wanting to read up on Ford, Case, and John Deere.

HA!

NN

We purchased what was supposed to be a top of the line front load set from Lowes. We have the same issue with the machine not allowing enough water to rinse the detergent out or even wet the clothes to clean them. My wife keeps a gallon bucket in the mop sink to fill the washer with when we load the clothes. It’s rediculous.
I don’t know what the difference is. We started by adding water by opening the door and pouring water in before adding the clothes. The machine would dump the water in the floor when it would come on. Since, she learned that you can add water through the detergent dispenser and it doesn’t run into the floor. Every load from then on gets a bucket of water and we select extra rinse.#128556;
Not sure if it’s water regulations or poor quality appliance, but ours just plain stinks.

18’ Hewes Bayfisher

When I bought my new house I left the Front load washer with the old house and bought a top load.

Constantly changing gaskets and Mildew / mold growth… PTA

Sabalo 21 150 Yamaha

Key West Stealth 150 V-max (SOLD)

You might be using too much detergent; most people do. Use about 2 teaspoons of detergent and your clothes will be clean and they will rinse properly. Trust me on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Goob

We purchased what was supposed to be a top of the line front load set from Lowes. We have the same issue with the machine not allowing enough water to rinse the detergent out or even wet the clothes to clean them. My wife keeps a gallon bucket in the mop sink to fill the washer with when we load the clothes. It’s rediculous.
I don’t know what the difference is. We started by adding water by opening the door and pouring water in before adding the clothes. The machine would dump the water in the floor when it would come on. Since, she learned that you can add water through the detergent dispenser and it doesn’t run into the floor. Every load from then on gets a bucket of water and we select extra rinse.#128556;
Not sure if it’s water regulations or poor quality appliance, but ours just plain stinks.

18’ Hewes Bayfisher

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

quote:
Originally posted by Half-hitched

Whatever you do decide to buy, get the extended warranty.

Haha. I let the old lady worry about getting the clothes washed.

Me too I was thinking bobcat

I have a front load LG that is at least five years old. I bought the LG because at the time they came with a “10 year “drive warranty. Initially had the mold and mildew problem but figured out that the door has a magnet on it to keep the door out of the way but ajar allowing the washer to breath when not in use. As long as you don’t shut the door tight when not in use and don’t allow wet clothes to stay in the washer more than a few hours then no mildew problem. We have a three young children so we often use the “sanitary cycle” for our white loads with bleach I believe this also knocks out any mildew problems. Our unit does a good job getting the clothes clean, it’s an extra large capacity and I truly believe the more clothes you put in there the better job it does cleaning them. Only issue we have is occasionally there must be some type of computer glitch in the control panel and you have to unplug and let the unit sit for about 20 seconds and then plug it back in to get it to turn on. I like the frontload from a space saving standpoint, I had my washer and dryer and initially stacked now I have them up on a platform about 2 1/2 feet off the ground allowing for storage underneath.

this thread belongs in the womens forum

quote:
this thread belongs in the womens forum

Bout time you chimed in, a thread ain’t a thread without peanut gallery input. Where ya been?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I’m around. The big truck restoration thread had me flummoxed and confused. I was stunned when he actually did some work

“Flummoxed and confused”. Man, be careful with that. I wonder what has happened to all of his trains. Hope you are doing well.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?