Got three chickens today

Took off work rest of week to get couple plots planted with the Sunn Hemp. Got it all in today. Went quicker than expected, but wanted to get in before all the rain shows up.

So, son and I took 3 of those 10’ dog kennel pieces and put it up for the chickens to roam. Gate to main pen will be shut at times to not allow them access. Gonna cover this with some wire soon.

Getting there and thanks for all the helpful advice!!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Hey folks, put together some dog kennel panels I had that I am glad I hung onto for chicken run, I guess you call it. Covered top with chicken wire. Run is not attached, so easy to move around every so often.

Went ahead and suspended the waterer and much cleaner. Just stuck a bow fishing arrow thru the mesh for test run.

Maybe I’m the only one, lol, but I get a lot of these wild onions that pop up everywhere. They seem to like these a lot. Have never tried any myself, but perhaps I’m missing out on something??

Pro tip, don’t get home from work and change into shorts and T-shirt, check coop and stick new egg in pocket…got distracted and dang, leg feels damp. Yep, that was me, haha.

Text my son and said I could microwave my shorts and bring him a hot pocket…lol.

Man, you are one busy man!

Hey Doug, yes, but this is cool stuff everyone enjoys. So far, lol.

Broke me off a green stick and hung that swing from some 20lb braid. Then snagged a longer one, not in pic and put lower just shoved thru the cyclone fence at an angle.

Hope none flap those wings and get tangled in that braid…

Open for advice as usual.

NN

Onion pics.

Dude!!! If you had cows those would give an “off flavor” to milk and aggressively removed from pastures. Don’t think you will ever notice it on eggs. Wild onions you have Sir! You can find them most anywhere around here. Actually very flavorful. Our Native Indians used them extensively in most all food preparations. onions, scallions, shallots, chives, leeks, or garlic … these things are right in line and super flavorful.

DoubleN… this is one of those things that just get put aside and I’m so glad you brought this up. I use them quite a bit. You usually can’t just pull the greens and get the bulb as they can get pretty deep and break off. Use a spade or Potato fork.