Happening in real time

A story…
Outstanding post.

Another great thread! Love it in real time. I would bet that is a dolphin bite . Once I was fishing near IOP in a secret spot with 12 + other boats and we were catching slot and bigger spot tails I hooked a good one on a mud minnow and they pull hard but it’s controllable . Suddenly it started pulling like I hooked a sports car and a dolphin shot out of the water with my spot tail in its mouth. The line went slack for a moment and then felt like bunch of weed with a little thump It was an over slot fish with tooth marks all over it at boat side! I’m pretty sure that the dolphin found that wounded fish! After release. Often when targeting spot tails I look for dolphins working the same spot

Great report Ricky.

No! I sort of like EF. save it for a troll.

1 Like

This post makes me happy and sad at the same time. Great post Ricky!

You going to need to get an extension behind the motor for pictures soon…fish too big for the frame!!! Great job and spectacular pics

@dfreedom Let me know when you are able to go again. The bite should be improving soon. The heat and the abundance of bait everywhere has the bite a little slow. Once the temps start dropping a little bit, it’ll be on like Donkey Kong!

Don’t worry, I plan on making time as the temps drop a bit. I love Fall fishing.

““on like Donkey Kong””, haven’t heard that saying in over 30 years, showing our age???

A thought, for that bite in the tall grass, some kind of weedless bait, like a smaller spinnerbait???

Must be some kind of lure to get in and out of there, let’s ask Bill Dance, ha ha!!

Even live bait with split shot carolina rig, and let it SIT until bit???

More ideas??? I been wondering about that situation for years.

They will eat a bait up in the grass when they are up there, but getting them out is the challenge at times. And you have to play with it a little bit to make sure your bait is sitting on the bottom and not suspended up and caught in the grass.

Once there is 8-10" of water in the grass, those reds are meandering their way through there or at least cruising the edges of them tight to find any bait that’s just getting up in there. I can promise you that.

The suspended problem would most likely eliminate braid, so mono would need to be fairly heavy i presume???

Maybe chum would help too, to get the bite hot, talking about thick grass of course, solving that thick grass challenge is the next generation thrill, Mr. Dance probably already solved it, but salt grass is much tougher most likely??

I have just always thought that I get to catch some, but most get away.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I met my wife while I was playing Donkey Kong…a long time ago.

1 Like

At a pizza place where there was always just a little pizza grease on the joystick? Ahhh memories!

Nope, a bar where me and a buddy played pool for money every Friday night. She claims she thought I was someone else. I’ll tell ya the story one day when we’re fishing.

1 Like

Shoulders

How much for your fly fishing gear?

I’ll give it to you if there’s less than a half inch of dust on yours right now.

And tonight.

Stay dialed in.

1 Like

Got my best man on it