"He who sells what isn't his'n, must buy it back or go to prison."

Best statement as to why selling borrowed shares to cover short position is a criminal offense.
Looks like hedgies caught in this classic short squeeze (aka “Rousting the shorts”) won’t go to jail 'cause they covered their exposure with cash borrowed from other hedgies.
Nice to have rich friends in finance and pals in high gov’t offices.
Too bad! Would love to see some of those guys behind bars for all the schemes they have foisted on investors.
Joe Kennedy Sr made fortunes by “Bear Raiding” companies back in the '20s.

https://spectator.org/gamestop-robinhood-melvin-sec-wallstreetbets/
https://spectator.org/gamestop-robinhood-outsider-trading/

I don’t know a lot about the stock market, but this latest stuff has me doing some research. Interesting times. Sounds like the little guys are hitting back at the big guys. Think about that money in your savings accounts getting .01% interest while the banks are using your money getting rich.

My brother has a young friend (26) that put his entire savings into gamestock and came out with $242,000 dollars. He’s paid off his college and reinvested a large chunk of it. He said another dude made over 40 million with many stock options in his buy of gamestock.

The Hedgies got caught with their pants down, so sad for them. ~

On the political side, I think the most eye opening thing came from Cortez… The left doesn’t want unity like they Preach. Just more lies. How about the cops killed, maimed and blinded from the left in-sighting antif and BLM to commit mayhem?

"In a particularly awkward moment on Twitter today, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) described the Robinhood buying halt as “unacceptable.” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) responded, “Fully agree,” prompting Ocasio-Cortez to comment, “I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out.”

Really glad to hear that some “deplorables” just killed it!!!
Now, the taxman commeth for his share of their short term gains:rage::face_with_spiral_eyes::astonished:

16' Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat 25hp Yammy 4 stroke