Head Boat Advice

I have been on about five head boat trips in the last twelve years or so the Thunder-star, Carolina Clipper, Gulf-stream (shem creek mt. pleasant) and the hurricane fishing boat (little river myrtle beach/calabash north Carolina because of regulation changes) and another I forgot the name of (myrtle beach). The half day isn’t worth it if you want to do some serous blue water bottom fishing, all you catch are lizard fish, sea robins, small black sea-bass and occasional small shark, but fun if you want to put a few hours in on the water and less riding. Out of all the trips the best was with hurricane fishing fleet they have regular reels not electric which let you feel more and makes fighting the fish funner. I caught over fifty nine fish and kept over thirty legally the limit on every thing I could keep. The boat uses circle hooks and not a lot of people new how to use them but they asked for tips after watching me catch one almost every cast/drop, which I love to help when I can. You catch a broader variety of fish and more grouper and black sea bass and the black sea bass are on average way bigger up there then down here. I hooked a massive grouper which I fought for about fifteen seconds until he bossed up and then rocked his self. The last fish I caught was a huge rudder fish which I could barely handle because all the reeling and fish I fought. It was on the last stop on my last cast and the horn rang to reel up and I fought it for a solid ten minutes after the bell with a nearly the whole side of the boat watching me and a few deck hands laughing taunting and cheering me on. The next day it felt like I had T-rex arms because I could barely extend them they where so soar. The only down side was we where two weeks before the sea bass where able to be kept because that was the year they shortened the season, we forgot to bring the cooler and I had to carry a heavy stringer of fish to the far side of the parking lot when exhausted, but without a doubt one of the best times I have ever had.