Home building prices...

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

$180/sf without the cost of the foundation is a very high price. An elevated foundation is going to be one of the larger pieces of the pie. If you plan on using the space for anything other than parking I would suggest solid cmu as opposed to piers and end filled break away wood walls. I have about 700 sf that is climate controlled in our garage in an elevated house. Makes for great storage and man cave.

Basically the best way to maximize your price per sq/ft is to maximize the heated square footage under roof and over foundation. A 1 story ranch is more expensive than a 2 story with the same sq ft. Another factor as Comp Time said is finishes. Its really like asking how much a car costs?

I have built hundreds of homes in the last 20 years and I can promise the pricing you were given had alot of profit in it for the builder. Building and labor prices are much higher than they were a couple years ago but you can build a really nice house for $135/sf with the correct GC. I am finishing up a monster of a house, just under 8000sf, with all the bells and whistles and are at around $150/sf. House has 107 windows and 10 doors and were done using Anderson 400 series and Eagle series and custom mahogany. Finishes thru out are top notch, custom cabinets, custom mosaic tile patterns, quartz and high end granite tops in the kitchen and 8 bathrooms, Wolf 48" range, 48" sub zero, custom built bunk beds, complete house automation, custom security with fiber optic cameras (if you set foot on the property, I know about it and have live and recorded HD video from an array of cameras…sweet!!!), back up diesel generator, etc. etc.

"Those who have the ability to make a difference have

This is a really informative post!

What do those of y’all in the know think about ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) instead of 2x6 frame?

It seems like it would last longer and be stronger in case of another Hugo.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by on a fishin mission

$180/sf without the cost of the foundation is a very high price. An elevated foundation is going to be one of the larger pieces of the pie. If you plan on using the space for anything other than parking I would suggest solid cmu as opposed to piers and end filled break away wood walls. I have about 700 sf that is climate controlled in our garage in an elevated house. Makes for great storage and man cave.

Basically the best way to maximize your price per sq/ft is to maximize the heated square footage under roof and over foundation. A 1 story ranch is more expensive than a 2 story with the same sq ft. Another factor as Comp Time said is finishes. Its really like asking how much a car costs?

I have built hundreds of homes in the last 20 years and I can promise the pricing you were given had alot of profit in it for the builder. Building and labor prices are much higher than they were a couple years ago but you can build a really nice house for $135/sf with the correct GC. I am finishing up a monster of a house, just under 8000sf, with all the bells and whistles and are at around $150/sf. House has 107 windows and 10 doors and were done using Anderson 400 series and Eagle series and custom mahogany. Finishes thru out are top notch, custom cabinets, custom mosaic tile patterns, quartz and high end granite tops in the kitchen and 8 bathrooms, Wolf 48" range, 48" sub zero, custom built bunk beds, complete house automation, custom security with fiber optic cameras (if you set foot on the property, I know about it and have live and recorded HD video from an array of cameras…sweet!!!), back up diesel generator, etc. etc.

"Those who have the ability to make a difference have

quote:
Originally posted by stonoman

Do not forget My Son is Mgr of Whole sale Appliances in Mt P.He will help you all He can.Call 884 2010 ask for Ti Hanley.

Stonoman

Ti helped us get a really nice appliance package for a house we are doing in Ion. He held the customers hand the entire way and all I have to do is tell him when I want them…sweet!!!

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

OFM, I sent you a PM. It would be cool to use a builder from CF.com if it makes sense to do so! Let me know if you are interested.

quote:

OFM, I sent you a PM. It would be cool to use a builder from CF.com if it makes sense to do so! Let me know if you are interested.

That’s what I’m talking about! Good stuff :sunglasses:

“mr keys”

quote:

Certainly, sent you a pm.

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:
Do not forget My Son is Mgr of Whole sale Appliances in Mt P.He will help you all He can.Call 884 2010 ask for Ti Hanley.

Hmmm, my wife has been talking about a new stove lately.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

on a fishin mission, I sent you a pm.

204 angler
150 yamaha 4 stroke