Macro Photography

BGF - that second photo needs to be printed large, on aluminum. Absolutely fantastic.

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

• Flatscaster

Thank you!!

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

My fave! Hairy eye balls and all!

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

Love the macro insect pics! Just curious as to what kind of lense you are using for the fish eyes?

I was bored today and took a few shots of my oreos. I do not have a macro lens; just a few extension tubes.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Mine are with tubes too. Just experiment; some work better than others.

What lens are you using with the tube?

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Mine are with tubes too. Just experiment; some work better than others.

My nephew has been taking macro photos, mostly of insects, that are really good. The spider ones can be scary, you can see every hair on their legs. He has been told many times to have a show of the ones that have been printed and mounted. I have a couple that are the neatest pictures I have on the walls but do not have any digital ones to share.

He has very good digital and film SLRs with all of the lenses, but his best photos have come from an IPhone with a $12 clip on lens from Amazon. He is good and patient about getting the lighting right but the IPhone does not shadow or scare the subject the way an SLR with a macro lens and ring flash does.

I have bought one of the clip on lens sets, you get macro and wide angle for about $12 and I carry it in my work bag for when needed. Fits any phone, just clips on like a clothes pin, very good buy.

Really awesome shots Ricky. Hope to see more as the weather warms up and all the little critters start coming back out.

“When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine

Wife’s orchid, they different.