Mt. P Chevrolet

quote:
Originally posted by Redfish_matt

Speaking with personal experiences, but BB&T has dropped more balls than the Dallas Cowboys. They were the first bank I ever banked with, and by far the worst. Also bought a house through them nearly 2 decades later, and while the mortgage seems to be managed fine after closing, the entire mortgage application process was a debacle because they kept losing the information and documents I was sending them.

I would bet that BB&T has dropped the ball (not being sinister, but just being klutzes) on getting the title to the dealer.

You really won’t be able to find out much though, the bank will probably play stupid, and you don’t know either way if the dealership is yanking your crank or not. Talk to the finance manager at the dealership again and let him know firmly that you fully intend on using every avenue of social media to shout, very loudly, exercising your First Amendment right to let everyone under the sun know that you are in the process of being scammed for $6500 by Mt. P Chevrolet. Facebook, Twitter, Google reviews, BBB, Consumer Affairs.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

So are you saying BBT sucks but turn the screws in the dealership? I dont care for car dealers or banks, but heaven forbid it was simply lost in the mail.

Matt, that final statement wasnt directed at you. It was to everyone.

He sold the truck to Mt. P, and they have possession of his truck, and they handle all the ins-and-outs of getting the title from the bank. So yes, sit in their lobby until you are satisfied or until they bring you the phone with BB&T on the other end of the line explaining that the title is in the mail.

In other words, unless BB&T fesses up to making a mistake, the ONLY conclusion you can draw is that the dealership is dragging their feet intentionally. Considering this is a $6000 check, it’s worth demanding an explanation before close-of-business that is satisfactory. And it better be a real good explanation with plenty of verifiable information.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKAut3sVrw

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Traded in a truck and dealership they owed me money as we’ll… Took little over a month before I received a check due to them waiting on a title…

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

I , finally , got in touch with my salesman. He has been out of town since 1-8-15 (mother in hospice care in a northern state). He was still with his mother but answered his phone. I explained what was going on and he told me I should have received my check weeks ago. He told me give him 10 minutes and I should hear from the dealership. About 2 hours later I received a call from the dealership and they told me to meet them at Bank of America in Mt. P. Met them and took care of business. This was on Friday 1-29-15. So took them 30 days. Salesman told me no way it should have taken that long and he was sorry. I told him good luck with his mother and thanks for helping. I am done with this dealership. Never do anything with them, again.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

so what have we learned here? Explain it to me like I’m 23sf

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

so what have we learned here? Explain it to me like I’m 23sf

He failed to follow one of lives little rules that making living oh so much easier:

1. Never trust a man with two first names.
  2. Always get it in writing.
  3. Get the money up front.
  4. Car salesman and lawyers are always lying… Always.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Dear Cooper…Happy you found a resource that got you the money. Too bad, but the salesman is always the one who loses…no referrals or future business. Car salesman get a bad rap because the dealerships are mostly run by career criminals. I left the business in 1992, and they still are running the same bull crap commercials like…“All credit applications accepted”, and “We’ll pay off your car no matter how much you owe”. That’s how stupid they believe you are. Dealerships are still running the Dobbs System with some bogus half wit sitting up in a tower in the middle of the showroom flipping “closer’s” on the hapless consumer until he breaks down and buys something because “selling something to someone at some price today” is their mantra. The Finance and Insurance guys, and the used car managers have Phd’s in bilking and exploiting. A lot of them are fun guys, they just know that being honest doesn’t pay well. “It’s just business, dude!”.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax