Nearshore Spanish : couldn't find em.

Been catching lots around the A can out of south Edisto. Pulling 0 and 00 Clark spoons on long (10’-15’) leaders. One behind a bird, one behind a #1 planer, and two on the surface.

Flats Aficiando

quote:
Originally posted by StrikePosition

Who in the living F#@% is Miss Judy?

No salt, no fun.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Judy Helmey of Miss Judy Charters, Turners Creek, Savannah.

www.missjudycharters.com

William B. Scheider

quote:
Who in the living F#@% is Miss Judy?

Only the best fisherwoman I’ve ever known. She and I worked together for about 10 years. She taught me a heck of a lot about catching fish, and the charter boat business. We grew up together, and she grew up in her Daddy’s lap in a charter boat. She’s been doing it since she was 5, her mom passed away when she was an infant and was raised by her Daddy, Sherman Helmey, one of the first charter captains in Savannah.

Like her web page says, she’s been kicking fish tail since 1956, and that lady knows how to kick some fish tail:wink: She can smell fish!

quote:
Miss Judy has a post on this topic that just was posted on her site. It is from her past about Spanish in August and she has more time on the water than me.

She’s got more time on the water than anybody I know, including me, and most of who I know are water people.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Hundreds of birds off the jetties late this afternoon but I had a pleasure cruise out with no rods. Most birds I’ve seen in years. They were thick from inside the jetties out three miles. That’s as far as I went.

Olde Man Charters
843-478-1538
Oldemancharters@gmail.com
286 Seafox/Twin 300’s

quote:
Originally posted by sulcataman

Hundreds of birds off the jetties late this afternoon but I had a pleasure cruise out with no rods. Most birds I’ve seen in years. They were thick from inside the jetties out three miles. That’s as far as I went.

Olde Man Charters
843-478-1538
Oldemancharters@gmail.com
286 Seafox/Twin 300’s

Did you see the fish boiling the surface? Wonder how long the SM will stay into Sept?

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

They will stay until the water temp falls below about 75. September is usually a good month for Spanish and Kings. The big Kings come in close to shore to breed.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

They will stay until the water temp falls below about 75. September is usually a good month for Spanish and Kings. The big Kings come in close to shore to breed.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’ll be looking for a big king on Friday and Saturday during the Miracles tourney.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau