Prayers to victims and family in Las Vegas

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-attack-stephen-paddock-trnd/index.html

quote:
The suspicion, based on initial reports, is that one of the rifles used was altered to function as an automatic weapon, the official said. Among the weapons found were a .223 caliber and a .308 caliber.

Still just trickling out, but it appears they were not legal weapons.

She gone!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-sympathy-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

God bless the “ignore” function.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-attack-stephen-paddock-trnd/index.html

quote:
The suspicion, based on initial reports, is that one of the rifles used was altered to function as an automatic weapon, the official said. Among the weapons found were a .223 caliber and a .308 caliber.

i read it differently…

“So far investigators believe the firearms were purchased legally.”

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic
quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

quote:

i read it differently…

“So far investigators believe the firearms were purchased legally.”

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

If they were then altered, they were illegal.

If any of the firearms originally purchased as semi-auto rifles were converted to full-auto, they would more than likely be the “illegal” firearms they’re talking about.

This is yet another thing about the MSM that pisses me off. Authorities are still sorting through all of the intel yet the MSM is so anxious to “be the first” to break the story that they rush every little bit of information they can get their hands on to the nearest camera. It has nothing to do with getting the facts out to the people and everything to do with being the able to say “you heard it here first.”

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

This is where we are:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-sympathy-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

Haley Geftman/Gold needs to have her citizenship revoked and kicked out of this country. Remindes me of a modern day Jane Fonda. Sick and pathetic.

Inocent American citizens were slaughtered and she has the audacity to make a statement like this!

"Haley Geftman-Gold continued: “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”

“Why Bruce?”

Given how long “gun control” has been a topic of the MSM, you’d think reporters would be more/better educated on, at least, proper terminology.

Some jackass reporter from Fox News (Trace Gallagher) came on to do a live interview after the Clark County Sherriff’s most recent press conference to comment on the information the Sherriff just released. The Sherriff mentioned the “altered” firearms and the reporter wanted to “elaborate” on that. In doing so, he actually said the firearms were altered to shoot the 223 and 308 calibers, higher and more powerful calibers to cause more damage and kill more people. I’ll let that sink in…

This is the kind of garbage “reporting” they sensationalize and again, people eat it up. Anyone that claims “their” favorite news outlet is better than another is as much as sheep as anyone. Nearly every question at the Sherriff’s press conference was about the number of firearms, the types of firearms and how much and what types of ammunition was found. People, relatives, loved ones that are looking for any information don’t give a (**() about what kind of guns were used, how many guns the shooter had or how much ammo he had but that’s all the MSM wants to talk about because that information will be easier to turn into more divisive stories. I say screw all of those MSM vultures out there and the sheep that blindly follow them.

I totally agree Bang.Give em hell

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

Given how long “gun control” has been a topic of the MSM, you’d think reporters would be more/better educated on, at least, proper terminology.

Some jackass reporter from Fox News (Trace Gallagher) came on to do a live interview after the Clark County Sherriff’s most recent press conference to comment on the information the Sherriff just released. The Sherriff mentioned the “altered” firearms and the reporter wanted to “elaborate” on that. In doing so, he actually said the firearms were altered to shoot the 223 and 308 calibers, higher and more powerful calibers to cause more damage and kill more people. I’ll let that sink in…

This is the kind of garbage “reporting” they sensationalize and again, people eat it up. Anyone that claims “their” favorite news outlet is better than another is as much as sheep as anyone. Nearly every question at the Sherriff’s press conference was about the number of firearms, the types of firearms and how much and what types of ammunition was found. People, relatives, loved ones that are looking for any information don’t give a (**() about what kind of guns were used, how many guns the shooter had or how much ammo he had but that’s all the MSM wants to talk about because that information will be easier to turn into more divisive stories. I say screw all of those MSM vultures out there and the sheep that blindly follow them.

I wasn’t really wanting to go on this level due to the seriousness of this tragedy, but you are so correct. You would think that the gun control/ gun ban fanatics would at least educate themselves about weapons. They were back to the removable “clips” as the reason for so much damage. The don’t seem to care that Clips are not removable… Magazines are. I’m sure

He had drum mags, easily dumped 150-200 rounds with each reload. He did his homework and probably had equipment that the avaerage citizen couldn’t afford, and probably spent the time to test it all. How he went through that many rounds without a malfunction in so little time is beyond me.

They want to talk about guns, he could have easily dropped a bomb out of each window and done more damage. Then they would have no narrative to lean on. Get off the tool of destruction and look for answers to stop the mindless destruction. I’ll give you a hint. It starts in that book in the desk drawer of the very room he was doing this out of that many have at home collecting dust.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by GeronimoIt starts in that book in the desk drawer of the very room he was doing this out of that many have at home collecting dust.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Sort this list of firearm deaths by rate and tell me what the nominal religion is of all the top countries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

quote:
Originally posted by capnbobo
quote:
Originally posted by GeronimoIt starts in that book in the desk drawer of the very room he was doing this out of that many have at home collecting dust.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Sort this list of firearm deaths by rate and tell me what the nominal religion is of all the top countries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

there is no religion when it comes to a tragedy like this one. That is what I believe Geronimo is trying to state. If the dude would have had some religion this would not have happened. This was the Devils work.

“Why Bruce?”

After law enforcement had spotted the windows as the source of fire;
I wonder why they did not immediately start using suppressing return
fire to make the shooter keep his head down or maybe kill him?

16’ Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat
25hp Yammy 4 stroke

I had a strong feeling by the sound of that gun fire that he wasn’t using a full auto but reserved my comments because the media and everyone were so adimant that it was. Turned out my hunch was right. He used a slide fire stock. A full auto sounds a lot different. More like a jackhammer and this sounded like some pulled a trigger really fast over a long period of time.

Curios to see how the discussion and narrative goes on this one. Not your typical profile, all purchased legally, and used in a scenario where he didn’t break any laws until the moment he pulled the trigger and mowed down over 600 people in minutes.

There isn’t a law in the world that can stop evil. And folks, it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Find your bible, keep your loved ones safe, make wise choices, and hold on for the ride.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by sternline

After law enforcement had spotted the windows as the source of fire;
I wonder why they did not immediately start using suppressing return
fire to make the shooter keep his head down or maybe kill him?

25hp Yammy 4 stroke

There are multiple reasons.

Given the officers on the ground were wading through nearly 30,000 people and trying to get them to safety, it probably wasn’t as easy as simply returning suppressive fire. Their first priority would’ve been the civilians on the ground.

Another reason is the shooter was in one room roughly 300-400 yards away. You don’t go spraying and praying when the shooters room is surrounded by other people in their rooms. The risk for collateral damage was too great. The last thing you needed were bullets flying out the backside of the hotel and down on to the strip or penetrating into surrounding rooms. Not to mention that officers armed with only a handgun or a shotgun were going to be completely ineffective to return suppressive fire at that range with those weapon platforms. Not every officer on scene had a long gun or an AR.

The best course of action was to make dynamic entry on the shooter’s room, which is what they did. But again, given the large crowd of civilians on the ground, you set a perimeter to ensure the shooter doesn’t get out and secure that situation a best you can first to ensure as many of the civilians get to safety and/or receive immediate medical aid as quickly possible. Then you turn your attention to the shooter’s position.

Don’t forget the shooter was shooting at security and law enforcement too. The shooter had the high ground and was surrounded by innocent civilians in other rooms so again, it’s not as easy as simply returning suppressive fire.

Yes, that makes sense.
Guess there were no police snipers present.

25hp Yammy 4 stroke

quote:
Originally posted by sternline

Yes, that makes sense.
Guess there were no police snipers present.

25hp Yammy 4 stroke

Even if there were, it’s still not as simple as “you’re a sniper, shoot him.” There’s a lot of planning that goes into engaging a target as a sniper and to properly plan, you need time and time isn’t something Law Enforcement had a lot of. It’s not like LE arrived on scene and immediately identified the shooter’s position. It was at night and there were a lot of windows to look at. Plus, you still have to consider where the bullet goes when/if you get a pass through as it relates to the surrounding room’s occupants or the strip on the backside of the hotel. Urban sniper situations bring about a whole other set of parameters and circumstances.

Given the situation LE was faced with, I believe they took the best course of action to save as many lives as possible and eliminate the threat.

I posted this in the wrong forum last night but this is in response to the “anti-gun” vultures that are starting to circle…

I can’t take credit for this. A gentlemen I know from Las Vegas posted this on a different site in response to the “anti-gun nuts” that are already beating their drum…

“For 5 days every year Las Vegas has more guns in every hotel room during Shot Show than any other place in the United States. Literally enough fire power to take over a small country and yet not one person ever got shot. Please stop with your anti gun bull**** agenda.”

Anyone who has ever been to SHOT Show knows he speaks the truth. The shear volume of firearms and ammunition in Las Vegas during that week of the show is staggering yet you never hear of any “gun violence.” Illustrating, yet again, it’s not the firearm itself that is a danger, it’s the person behind the firearm that poses the threat.

Eliminating guns over this would have been like outlawing over the counter drugs because of the cyanide laced Tylenol case.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick Illustrating, yet again, it's not the firearm itself that is a danger, it's the person behind the firearm that poses the threat.

So how do you propose keeping weapons out of the hands of people like this nut case?