question about owning a rental

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

I’m a number geek Ricky, so you’ve hit on my primary stumbling block to hiring a management company. I think that I’ll bite the bullet for at least the first couple of years while I learn the ropes.

The goal for the new place will be pay off in 5-7 years; buy another house before I retire and let the first two pay for it, then provide supplemental income.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

My thoughts also

Hi, I’m saltydog235. Not only am I the president of D-bag U, I’m also a student

We are using a rental manager. As far as credit score, I know a good one from a bad one so I instructed the management company to reject anyone under 640 and scrutinize anyone under 680 more closely (check their assets, payment shock, etc.). Has only been rented for about 5 months now but so far so good.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

If your house is a halfway decent property, finding a good tenant shouldn’t be a problem.

My house is a 4bed 2 1/2 bath w/ 2 car garage in Westcott. about 2800ft^2 It’s pretty nice, not extravagant, but pretty nice

Similar places rent for 1800-2100 in this area.

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

My house is a 4bed 2 1/2 bath w/ 2 car garage in Westcott. about 2800ft^2 It’s pretty nice, not extravagant, but pretty nice

Similar places rent for 1800-2100 in this area.

Pretty much what I was thinking. You aren’t going to have low income in an area like that.

Good luck with it.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

This is crazy, but check it out…

Next door neighbor (single woman)in Beaufort has two rentals near the Air Station.

She had a problem last year with one trashing the place. Water damage, carpet ruined and much more. She ended up getting him evicted and asked me to go with her one weekend while bride and I were in Beaufort during final walkthrough.

They argued a little but nothing more so he and his trashy wife headed out.

He ended up getting killed not long after by his step son it appears.

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article33647358.html

BTW, these two rentals were destroyed in 07 when the Blue Angel Pilot crashed into them during the airshow.

Sorry for getting off topic, guys. Just wanted to share.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

It took a while to find something we liked, but just put in an offer on a place. Fingers crossed