School me in marine stereo systems.

That one has sold out, plus, it had 4 bargin bin speakers. I just ordered this one for my boat. Only 2 speakers, but I am looking to hear and enjoy my music, not make everyone else hear it too.

Only 1 left:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUSION-MS-RA50KTS-Bundle-w-MS-RA50-Receiver-MS-EL602-Speakers-Pair-White-/301639454292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463b1cce54#ht_2147wt_1038

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

Nice!

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by DownLow

I was having issues with stereos and finally did away with them altogether. Bought an inexpensive amp for about $50, mounted in console, and connected to speakers (powered from aux switch). Installed the plug that adapts to RCA connectors for connection to the amp. I saw in West Marine you can now get a Bluetooth receiver for $45 and wouldn’t need the plug to RCA adapter, which is $20. Never had any issues with the salt killing the amp. Of course, you don’t have option of radio, you can only play from your phone, iPod, etc. and you use the volume control on that. Inexpensive, easy, and lasts. A rare thing for a boat!

I think I’m going to do this also, I’ve already got a hole cut out for my head unit though. Thinking about just leaving the old headunit in place to keep the hole covered up, and just adding an amp under my console. Anyone know anybody that can cover up the hole where my current head unit is, and give me a price? Thanks.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

Why cover the hole? Why not just buy a single DIN cubby box and put that there and use it for storage. You could drill a few holes so it doesn’t hold water, and even add some rubber grip in it so your phone, etc. doesn’t slide around.

I found a good deal on the Clarion unit that mounts the powered amp portion of the unit in the console, and then an LCD remote on the console. Might give it a try. Its the same price of the Fusion RA50, but powers 4 speakers, and also is sirius ready, and connects/charges the phone.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Covered mine with a piece of starboard cut to fit, used the same screw holes that the stereo faceplate cover used so no more holes. Then I mounted a combo cup holder/caddy on the starboard - it was nearly the exact same width and screwed it in versus using the suction cups.

quote:
Originally posted by chris V
quote:
Originally posted by DownLow

I was having issues with stereos and finally did away with them altogether. Bought an inexpensive amp for about $50, mounted in console, and connected to speakers (powered from aux switch). Installed the plug that adapts to RCA connectors for connection to the amp. I saw in West Marine you can now get a Bluetooth receiver for $45 and wouldn’t need the plug to RCA adapter, which is $20. Never had any issues with the salt killing the amp. Of course, you don’t have option of radio, you can only play from your phone, iPod, etc. and you use the volume control on that. Inexpensive, easy, and lasts. A rare thing for a boat!

Chris V, do you do the installs if someone was to buy the equipment?

that what we suggest for long term and guys who use a smart phone.

im not smart phone advanced, so I would go with phin’s plan

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke