Sept 28 Flounder Gigging

Oh boy

Now we got a thread

EF from the top rope

Actually, that should be Exhibit “A” as to why this site, with so much potential, is a ghost town.

Ill keep posting reports, IDGAF. Someone, even a lowly zebco owner might get some benefit from them.

1 Like

Take the L Vegas. Own it and move on

EF’s humbled and bested most of us on here. No shame in that. He does know stuff

Vegas Dave knows I’m right, you can tell, cause he’s already mentioning my name in other threads and reports. In high stakes Vegas poker they call that a “tell”. Again, I know stuff, lol.

For what it’s worth, I thought I was very nice in my evaluation and opinion of the murdered snook. I made it clear it wasn’t really VD’s fault, how should he know? It was the “guides” lack of stewardship that is really at the heart of this particular lesson. The flatties aren’t such a big deal to me or anyone else. Like I said, after he sticks them a few nights he’ll understand. One things for sure, you can’t act like you’ve been there before if you haven’t. Again, just my evaluation from the outside looking in.

And besides, if you scroll up you will see VD saying that people should be free to disagree. We all can agree on that, right?

I had intended for this to be a lesson, not for just VD, but for anyone reading. In the past I’ve sent VD messages to tell him his b-liners on the cutting board were actually juvenile ARS, and now just look at his last report from the 1st thru the 3rd, ,he’s catching on. He even took my advice and fished the mouths of Frampton and Jeremy from the ocean side, but fished the incoming tide and not the outgoing, (think about it, duhhhh), so anyway some of what I’m doing is working whether you agree with my methods or not. Like I said, he’s almost stage 3. Help me help him, that’s really all I’m talking about.

It certainly wasn’t my intention to hurt VD’s feelings, but again, se la vie

Key word here today guys is Stewardship.

1 Like

I’ve stuck plenty of fish and still find the fun in it. It’s a good way to put meat in the freezer and I appreciate that the Capt is not trying to kill his max limits every night with every client.

Snook eat pretty good.

1 Like

Snook are an unregulated species in SC and cannot survive water temperatures below the low 50’s. Even in Florida winter kill is common. Snook is also delicious. That fish probably wasn’t making it to spring.

You are not the only one who likes to kill and eat fish. I refer you to EF’s recent post about Cape Lookout that included photographic evidence of the mass slaughter and consumption of gamefish. “So, there’s that.” I thought EF’s post was great.

The stages of growth of a fisherman are a bit of moralizing rubbish not a mathematical certainty. It has been around forever. I have been fishing nearly 60 years and have never wanted to catch big fish particularly. I like to catch (and eat) lots of fish, but I am quite happy just to be out fishing even if I catch nothing. I release far more fish than I kill. Also, enjoy helping other fishermen and learning about conservation and fishing. So what stage am I?

I also enjoy music, dancing, alcohol, and although faithfully married do, in the immortal words of Jimmy Carter (who just turned 100), look at other women “with lust in my heart.”

In Louisiana it is widely reported that in the post office there are pictures of endangered species with attached recipes. Could be worse.

Thanks for the posts especially since I fish in the same area. Will be back in SC in November to start fishing again.

2 Likes

Snook! I never knew they exited in our salt waters. @Vegas_Dave as long as it fed someone I think its okay. Not that my opinion matters anyway. Its great to know there’s a possibility of catching one…I have heard those things really fight!

EF1 Like your book. Wow Glad I’m not taking this beating!!!