Since We Aren't Supposed To Biotch At Admin In The Inshore Section,,,,,

,I thought this might be a good place to discuss stuff as it pertains to Admins promised update to CF.com

First let me say “Way To Go Stumpknocker” for the relentless posting in the Inshore Section that finally got Chris The Administrators attention. What a brilliant idea, how did you ever think of that? I kid, I kid…Thanks for doing most of the heavy lifting.

Secondly, speaking of heavy lifting,Kudos goes out again to Mr. Knocker for the workaround on reinstating all us Band members. In my opinion that was your shinning moment sir, and one that will go down in the books as one of the all time greats moves.

OK, a few of my thoughts in no particular order. Feel free to chime in anytime.

1. After doing some research the proposed new forum (discourse.org) I am certain that won’t work. There are numerous reasons, but mainly the free version isn’t free as the code is written in ruby-in-rails and thus can’t be hosted by godaddy or any of the affordable normal hosting sites. Another reason, and this is the biggie, is that it is cost prohibitive as the prices are $100/per user. Thats why only giant corporations like IBM and Xerox are the ones using the discourse platform. It’s a wonderful program, but get real Chris…you know as well as I do discourse won’t work in this application.

May I suggest Xenforo. It’s mo-bedda, affordable, able to be hosted properly, and works much like the older version of CF worked, plus it meshes great with mobile platforms. Just my two cents.

1. Chris said 5 or 6 weeks, so I say we leave the inshore reports section alone for another couple of weeks anyway as a show of good faith. If at the end of a few weeks Admin hasn’t been back for an update, well, maybe we should start “knocking” (see what I did there) on his door again.

2. I want to apologize to everyone here for the return of the Shunkey RBF. I know now that it was Chris’s way of getting back at me (and us) for me making all the suggestions on wa

Amen!

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Haha, dang Lil’ EFer, more Hillbilly Jabberwocky…

You gush over someone like a teenage girl, and then misspell their moniker…

It’s not StumpKnocker like the fish. It’s StumpNocker like the boat…

Gotta appreciate the hillbilly plaid flannel attire at the restaurant… Might wanna make a note that distinguished folks don’t wear such “garb” to a fine dining establishment… Guess that’s why they put you folks in the back by the restroom… But, then again, it did serve cheap champagne, so perhaps you get a pass on that hillbilly faux pas…

The “Discourse” solution proposed doesn’t cost what you stated. It’s 100/month, not user. That includes unlimited users and 5 staff users…

The good part with “Discourse” is it offers 85% discount if it is an educational institution… Since I keep schooling you, and certain others, then I say CFC qualifies as such…

Say hey to the mutt Shunkey…

Professor RBF

RBF you have been a liar and spinner of the truth in the past

You are a liar and a spinner of truth now

And I am certain you will be a liar and a spinner of truth in the future.

It’s why you are loathed here. Really

Here, educate yourself and always look past the click bait headlines for your lies and spins.

https://www.capterra.com/p/207184/Discourse/#:~:text=Discourse%20pricing%20starts%20at%20%24100.00,Discourse%20offers%20a%20free%20trial.

Now, back in your shun-hole with your lies and spin.

Directly from the Discourse site…

Professor RBF

Let’s not forget the RBF discount of 85% for your education…

Professor RBF

EF, did you know that SC used to be the biggest producer of Asparagus in the U.S.? Used to pack it with wet Spanish moss to ship. I’ve got a few plants from the “palmetto” variety started in the Charleston area and then moved to take charge in Aiken, Williston, Bamburg, and Beech Island and flourished from 1900-1950ish. In the 30’s and 40’s we had over 10,000 acres planted in Asparagus. I’ve got some really cool Garlic from an old Plantation I’ve been growing for about 30 years. some of it cloves and some just makes a huge single bulb. I love my garden as it looks like you love yours. First time in decades, I’ve down sized.

I love trivia, how about you? Did you know that Michigan is the U.S.'s biggest producer of asparagus now?

Your Walterboro friend, that doesn’t agree with all you post, but does agree with a decent amount of it. You plant any turnips?

EF, great post. I concur 100%. Looking forward to future photoblogs of green stuff popping up out of the earth.

Fred sure loves his turnips!

On another green veggie note, on a recent trip we stopped in Alma, Arkansas. The Spinach capitol of the world!!! Toot! Toot!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

No turnips yet Fred, they are coming.

It’s raining all day today, so no toiling in the soil. I plan on putting most of the rootstock and tubers in this week if the ground dries up enough. I have garlic, beets, turnips, kennebec potatoes, carrots, radish, fennel, and some other stuff I can’t recall off the top of my head. My green beans didn’t fair so well last year so this year I need to double up and get some jars stockpiled.

I was running low on bands and rings for my regular and wide mouth jars and couldn’t find any locally. Last year they were hard to come by and with the prices of groceries predicted to be higher than any time in recent memory I thought I’d grab some off the www. I got 100 bands and 100 lids for right at $90. I was shocked and then pizzed, but what are you gonna do?

You were talking about the asparagus and how they were packed in spanish moss. It made me think of wayyyyy back in the day when old car seats used spanish moss around the coil springs in the seats. I remember a man once telling stories about harvesting spanish moss for everything from the car seats to packing material for produce. One of the prettiest places on earth is the sand road covered in live oaks and spanish moss that goes to Steamboat landing.

Has anyone seen Bayrider? He’s gone AWOL and I just hope we didn’t have to trade RBF for Bay as a further gouge by Chris. I sure hope not. Harold Wilcox won’t come back until he’s gone either. Seems like a really bad trade, huh? I thought I’d never admit it, but Fred if you wanted to harvest RBF and pass around his “stuff” I’d take dibs on his forked tongue.

Just some random thoughts from your pal

EF

(thought I’d never admit it, but Fred if you wanted to harvest RBF and pass around his “stuff” I’d take dibs on his forked tongue.)
EF…

Hahaha…
About choked on my coffee…
Just hanging out on rainy morning prepping some brass…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Poor ole Lil’ EFer… You’re just mad because I proved you wrong, as usual, about “Discourse”, and how you misspelled StumpNocker’s moniker after gushing over him like a teenage girl… Now you lash out again to save face…

With regards to Harold… Well, that’s a bunch of Hogwash too… He hasn’t posted for months since I left, and everyone including you thought I was gone for good… Harold would’ve posted thinking I was gone, if I was the problem…

Best part is members blamed you for getting me banded since you had been calling for it since you returned… Guess what… You’re right, you didn’t get me banded because I never was banded… Hahaha, I just quit posting because I was traveling and fishing…

Checked in a few times and saw what was going on, and just laughed… You were squirming and passionately pleading you weren’t the one that got me banded… I checked back in, and you had pranked everyone about being “Admin”. Soooo, I decided to prank you back since you thought you were cool trying to make the other members look stupid… The part about Admin bringing me back for revenge on you was brilliant on RBF’s part, and it gut hooked you… Perhaps, Fred can assist you with getting the hook removed since that seems to be his new hobby…

Haha, in summary: Admin. banded you, not me… If not for the technical issues with the site, you wouldn’t even be on here right now…

Professor RBF

I love most any vegetable Not sure there is one I don’t like. But I think one of my favorites are baby red new potatoes boiled and then mashed with butter and parsley. … Boiled Peanuts, Fresh sweet corn, fried, grilled, or boiled okra, a fresh tomato sandwich,… so many to choice from.

EF, As bad for this sight as mention person is, I couldn’t condone the harvesting thing. For me that would be strictly for kid touchers, rapists, and murderers. Maybe you don’t think I’m so crazy now?

Poor ole Lil’ EFer… You’re just mad because I proved you wrong, as usual, about “Discourse”, and how you misspelled StumpNocker’s moniker after gushing over him like a teenage girl… Now you lash out again to save face…

With regards to Harold… Well, that’s a bunch of Hogwash too… He hasn’t posted for months since I left, and everyone including you thought I was gone for good… Harold would’ve posted thinking I was gone, if I was the problem…

Best part is members blamed you for getting me banded since you had been calling for it since you returned… Guess what… You’re right, you didn’t get me banded because I never was banded… Hahaha, I just quit posting because I was traveling and fishing…

Checked in a few times and saw what was going on, and just laughed… You were squirming and passionately pleading you weren’t the one that got me banded… I checked back in, and you had pranked everyone about being “Admin”. Soooo, I decided to prank you back since you thought you were cool trying to make the other members look stupid… The part about Admin bringing me back for revenge on you was brilliant on RBF’s part, and it gut hooked you… Perhaps, Fred can assist you with getting the hook removed since that seems to be his new hobby…

Haha, in summary: Admin. banded you, not me… If not for the technical issues with the site, you wouldn’t even be on here right now…

Professor RBF

I do love boiled peanuts more than a man should be allowed. And okra; I’ll take okra any way I can get it. If I plant it, it doesn’t even make it to the dinner table. I’ll eat okra raw right off the plant. I’ll be walking through the yard doing something and see them just sitting there on the plant and I can’t resist plucking a few every time I walk by. If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out. And Brussel sprouts are a near second place.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I be a fried/sautéed tator onion dude! Lil bit olive oil and real butter onions first then tators on a hot pan git em brown before dropping a fresh fish filet in the same place, hmmm hmmm good!

If it smells like fish, eat what you wish :joy:

“If it smells like cologne leave it alone!”

Ricky, you made me laugh about eating the okra raw. I’ve done that since I was a little kid. My wife likes it like that too.

Like fried okra and pickled okra never tried it raw. Don’t like stewed. (Slimmmmy)

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

stew it with tomatoes and it’ll take away the sliminess.

This Was What Admin Said Exactly One Week Ago Today</font id=“size3”>…

No Updates. No ■■■■■■■■. No Contact. No Nothing.

And RBF still runs amuck.

I see Chris checking in, it seems odd he doesn’t say hello and give an update, he was all chatty last week. He’s probably busy working on the big update. I for one am curious as to what he’s found out about the discourse.org forum written in Ruby-in Rails, and more in particular the cost of not only hosting the forum, but costs per user.

[img]/For

Whats all this?!

Thanks EF, and no, I cannot take all the credit, no doubt. But what was done was necessary and I would do it again it needed. It’s some BS that it even had to come to that to be honest. I’m not convinced on the timeline given, but I’ll give them a chance to prove me wrong. Guess it’s a hurry up and wait scenario. Lame.

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!