Stocking Up On Ammo And Mags

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

This quote stirs up strong emotion in me and many other gun toting Americans. Unfortunately is fake.
https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/strongest-reason-people-retain-right-keep-and-bear-arms-spurious-quotation

Bulls Bay 151

That’s interesting; still a very powerful statement no matter who said it.

I always like when people question why someone “needs” ammo, magazines or firearms. How about if you don’t need/want you just mind your own business and don’t worry about what others need or why they want it. That is part of the problem with this country right now, too many liberals telling everyone what they do and do not need. It isn’t a question of need, it’s a question of we have a right to buy all we want until it becomes against the law.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Yeah, I know a local friend who is a everyday guy UPS driver who has over 100 guns, about 25 of them AR’s AK’s 308 Tactical Rifles etc. Also has a 50 cal and 3 or 4 class 3 firearms plus a fully automatic. He says he has 10,000 rounds in each caliber as well. Is that excessive? maybe, but like you said its his choice to buy as many guns as he wants and is nobodys business. Just like everyone else and their hobbies, legal product, no different. So I say if you want 100- 200 guns go buy them.

I saw a man at a recent gun show spend 60K on 223 ammo. I’m sure the liberals would all ask why? I asked him for my liberal friends. He said it was a better investment than any precious metal. it seems that liberal policies have tripled ammo prices since Obama became pres. He’s betting that Hillary will win. I hope he’s wrong, but Obama has helped gun sales soar!

Yes he has, and it’s probably a much better investment than gold. I’m not even comfortable saying on the Internet anymore what we’ve got and how many, but we’ve got enough of all of it to last a dang long time:smiley: I saw this coming 8 years ago.

My stock in Ruger and S&W is still doing very well too. Every time Obama and Hillary speaks, it goes up some more :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I do not own any guns or ammo…wink, wink.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom That is part of the problem with this country right now, too many liberals telling everyone what they do and do not need. It isn't a question of need, it's a question of we have a right to buy all we want until it becomes against the law.

AMEN.

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

I saw a man at a recent gun show spend 60K on 223 ammo. I’m sure the liberals would all ask why? I asked him for my liberal friends. He said it was a better investment than any precious metal. it seems that liberal policies have tripled ammo prices since Obama became pres. He’s betting that Hillary will win. I hope he’s wrong, but Obama has helped gun sales soar!

Assuming he can keep it dry!

That being said, if you purchase guns and ammo at a fair price, then you have bought an ASSET that could be sold, traded, or used to defend yourself at a later date. I tried throwing gold bars at someone to defend myself, but honest, after I put 2 or 3 of them in my pockets, my pants started to sag…

As far as how guns stack up to precious metal from a PURE investment (i.e. ROI is the only thing you care about and not defending yourself), then it really depends on what PRICE you pay for your guns or your precious metal. It’s not only about WHAT you have, but HOW much you paid for it. You can buy either one at inflated prices and lose money.