"Student" Walkout = Shameful Abuse

It is absolutely shameful how the Democratic Party is lying to the American people with its latest propaganda and abusing tax-funded public schools and associated teacher and administrator positions to pimp and push their partisan political agenda, dressing it up falsely as an independent, student-led movement. A friend of mine told me that his teen-aged child’s principle instructed the students that the school would be participating in the walkout and that students were instructed to walk out in honor of the event at a certain time on the day of the walkout. The next day, he made another announcement telling students that if they wanted to opt out, they could.

Make no mistake on this. While some older students have probably participated in the walkouts and protests of their own accord, the movement itself and most of its momentum, participation, and political organization was created and propagated by the far-left adults and politicians of the Democratic Party and the political left.

Using kids and schools as pawns for partisan agendas. Shameful, propagandist, abusive. We must put a stop to this kind of partisan abuse of public resources and indoctrination.

School teachers and administrators should be 100% neutral on this, leaving the kids’ political positions up to themselves and their parents without putting the kids in peer-pressure positions where they feel ostracized or singled out if they don’t go along with the crowd. Teachers and principles should not be organizing, participating in, and nudging students to participate in such partisan, political controversies. Otherwise, then bring back teacher-led Bible studies and prayer time, folks, because I have no tolerance for double-standards. We’re either going to respect public schools as neutral space–equally–or we’re not.

If you disagree with my opinion of this, then answer one question.

Would it be OK for the principles and teachers of hundreds of public schools to organize and a walkout in favor of outlawing homosexual marriage and

I don’t disagree with you.

The majority of the kids that walk out are just doing so to get a break from class. It’s the adults pushing the issue using our children as pawns. There have already been a couple of students that have admitted their speeches were written by adults.

Then we have the Chicago hoodlums that have used it to steal, intimidate adults, vandalize vehicles, and utterly trash a Walmart that is already struggling in a area they were begged to locate to.

http://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/verify/verify-did-chicago-students-use-national-walkout-day-to-vandalize-a-walmart/65-529933267

It truly is sad how twisted your minds are…the way your thought processes events to support your feelings of persecution…and no amount of truth or logic or reason will convince you otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

It truly is sad how twisted your minds are…the way your thought processes events to support your feelings of persecution…and no amount of truth or logic or reason will convince you otherwise.

Twisted in what way? Seriously. Can you not see the driving factor in the left to ban guns instead of enforcing the laws already put into place that are being overlooked?

There is no doubt the students that are present at any shooting need our love and support. They also need adults willing to stand up for them rather than sit idly outside while they are being slaughtered Many are too young to understand it but banning guns will only result in criminals owning them.

Tonic has always been one of the sicker liberals. As tragic as the Parkland school shooting was the facts the liberals would prefer that we overlook is that the students have been manipulated to believe that somehow the NRA is responsible. I place the responsibility directly on the weak law enforcement that failed the school students and the citizens that foot the bill. The on scene officer was negligent by not rushing in to engage the shooter and save lives. The sheriffs office was very negligent for a slow weak response and a total lack of training in such events. The federal government was sorely at fault for not denying the illegal weapon purchase. The Parkland students have been indoctrinated to believe that more gun laws are the answer. We have laws in place that would have prevented this tragedy , but the laws were not followed. I will again make the point about the cowardly officer again. He was vested. His duty was to take out the threat. This is what the students should be protesting.

Proud NRA lifetime member

NRA has culpability to the extent that they snuff every single conversation about gun laws. It will be their downfall unfortunately.

Libs have bought into the Big Government fallacy to hide & quiver until they are rescued while self-reliable people choose fight instead of flight. However dem/lib controlled propaganda teaches libs to follow like sheep & accept the concept that one more gun control law will prevent the next mass shooting & to blame guns instead of the mentally deranged individual that uses it.

His parents taught him the right way: https://youtu.be/e2O3znc7SQw

Libs hate the NRA because it’s a pure grassroots organization that will never cease to exist. Why would a lib want to end teachings by Eddie the Eagle anyway?

Remember this, mass shootings are most always in gun free zones & the perps are Non-NRA member.

Why didn’t libs scream to ban military style rifles after the Republican ball practice shootings by a deranged leftist lib?

Would another gun control law prevent another shooting by a criminal?

How’s the laws in place working for you now?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/20/md-high-school-shooter-used-handgun-he-was-prohibited-from-purchasing/

quote:
Originally posted by gotchacovered Would it be OK for the principles and teachers of hundreds of public schools to organize and a walkout in favor of outlawing homosexual marriage and abortion and requiring students to either participate in the walkout or go to study hall instead of being in class where they are supposed to be learning, suspending them if they chose to stay in class instead?

No B-Sing around the question, please.

Yes or no?

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

(assuming you meant principAls…)

No, it would not be ok for administrators and authorities in schools to promote partisan ideology in the way you’ve described, which is a very very narrow case that I am sure you will conflate with something else entirely. We should encourage students to follow their principlEs though :smiley:

Stay in school, GC!

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

NRA has culpability to the extent that they snuff every single conversation about gun laws. It will be their downfall unfortunately.

I seriously doubt that . The NRA has said repeatedly that they favor strong background checks. The problem so many times is liberal local government that refuses to enforce the laws. You only sing the party song ED

NRA lifetime member

quote:

That is an untrue statement. When the left hates something or someone it doesn’t matter how much good they do. It will always be portraited as completely wrong no matter if they make up lies and fake news to promote their biased b.s.

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy
quote:

I seriously doubt that . The NRA has said repeatedly that they favor strong background checks. The problem so many times is liberal local government that refuses to enforce the laws. You only sing the party song ED

NRA lifetime member

The NRA specifically opposes expanding background check systems, and they believe background checks don’t really stop criminals from getting guns. I’m sure you won’t care that you’re wrong about this, so this response is just pointless.

Liberal local government? What does that even mean?

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

That is an untrue statement. When the left hates something or someone it doesn’t matter how much good they do. It will always be portraited as completely wrong no matter if they make up lies and fake news to promote their biased b.s.

Which part? http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/379496-poll-more-people-view-nra-negatively-than-positively-for-the

NRA went from a gun safety organization that got kids involved in shooting sports to a lobbying organization that has conservative politicians scared of their own shadow.

Ed, you need to go read the NRA policy/statements on such things. You are woefully misinformed.

And, like Bayrider7365 said:

quote:
Libs hate the NRA because it's a pure grassroots organization that will never cease to exist. Why would a lib want to end teachings by Eddie the Eagle anyway?

When compared to groups like the NEA and various unions, the NRA is small fish in the government lobbying pond.

The money the NRA spends in Washington certainly has a relative effect proportional to the amount of money spent. However, the real weight the NRA throws around is rooted not in financial considerations, rather in the fact that the NRA accurately represents the philosophies of tens of millions of voters. The NRA exists because of those voters and only because of those voters. There is no lobbying from any other group that can divorce the NRA from its power - votes.

Further, it is a misunderstanding of the relationship between the NRA and its members to think that the NRA influences its members. Instead, the NRA is an expression of the corporate voice of the membership. I don’t need the NRA to tell me how to vote. Instead, I expect the NRA to accurately represent me and my priorities. And, they do. So, I buy a membership.

You could make it illegal to lobby politicians and politicians would still want to know what the NRA thinks because the NRA thinks what I (and, many others like me) tell them to think.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

ED is very misinformed about the NRA. The NRA exists to preserve the rights that the founding fathers clearly laid out in the 2nd amendment and the supporting federalists papers. I have been a NRA lifetime member for over 20 years, and I have received many questionnaires requesting my views on many points of legislation , laws , and regulation. But not once have they even tried to sway my views. The NRA’s efforts are member driven

ED has stated that I was wrong to say that the NRA is in favor of strong background, but this is another case of manipulating words. In his reply , ED said the NRA opposes EXPANDING background checks. What does that even mean? Its just another liberal word game to push a false point. The NRA wants background checks that follow the existing law, enforced vigorously. This is not happening today - or the FL school shooter would have been turned down at the point of purchase. What is the point of new laws when we cant even enforce the ones we have. There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books today

Nothing like some good old-fashioned,peaceful, civil disobedience.

Sea Hunt 207CC,Yam F150
Carolina Skiff (old school model)17’ Suz D50

I’m with oneal on this one. We should hold protest to demand congress pass a law to ban all bombs.:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard
quote:
Originally posted by gotchacovered Would it be OK for the principles and teachers of hundreds of public schools to organize and a walkout in favor of outlawing homosexual marriage and abortion and requiring students to either participate in the walkout or go to study hall instead of being in class where they are supposed to be learning, suspending them if they chose to stay in class instead?

No B-Sing around the question, please.

Yes or no?

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

(assuming you meant principAls…)

No, it would not be ok for administrators and authorities in schools to promote partisan ideology in the way you’ve described, which is a very very narrow case that I am sure you will conflate with something else entirely. We should encourage students to follow their principlEs though :smiley:

Stay in school, GC!

Yes, you got me there. I was typing too fast for my thoughts for sure there on "principles." Excuse the typo.

But back to the point.

You say it wouldn’t be OK for principals and teachers to orchestrate a walkout in favor of advancing laws against abortion, but you think it’s OK that they did it to advance laws against gun ownership?

If so, you made my point loudly and clearly.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

quote:
Originally posted by oneal

Fortunately Gotcha, not all schools encouraged the walk out. My wife’s school sent the “walk out kids” to the gymnasium with nothing for them to do but look at each other. The other kids made links to a chain with there names and nice thing to say to people that they put together and hung, watched a you tube memorial for the fallen students and teachers, sought out 14 students to say nice things to and sit with, and found 3 teachers to say nice things to.

As far as guns and the NRA, you’ll have to pry my cold dead fingers off my guns to take them.

As Obama said “they cling to guns or religion”

Funny, haven’t heard a lot of “Ban explosive” talk in reply to the Austin bomber. What’s wrong with you guys, the explosives are the problem!

Nothing against your wife. Mine was a teacher in a few different schools, too, as were my father, grandmother, and my cousins. One was a principal. Also, I have higher regard for the fact that your wife's school was more passive.

I’m sure you agree with most everything I’ll say next.

Notwithstanding the above, I still hold the schools, including hers, responsible for this disgusting abuse of kids and tax-funded resources because they shouldn’t have allowed the “walk out” at all–not in any way at all. We have public schools where kids are required to be in class from approximately 8-3 every week day, except for holidays and such, learning the curriculum. If they walk out of class during school, they get punished. The schools administrators should not create a veritable holiday for some kids of certain political persuasions to ascend above the rules and just “walk out”–be it to the gym or anywhere else–just because of a purely partisan and divisive political gesture. They should have held class like any other day and puni

Edisto,

Ironically, I agree with certain limited background checks and regulations. However, I think it’s interesting how you demonize an advocacy organization composed of private citizens who promote their political agendas through free speech and public advocacy–while you glorify the exact, same thing on the opposing end and even apparently support the abuse of tax-funded school systems as a completely unethical political arm of the Democratic Party and an indoctrination center for leftist ideals.

When the NRA starts planting teachers and principals to indoctrinate kids through the public school system and uses the schools to organize political protests and rallies in favor of the partisan agenda of the Republican Party, then you might have something to complain about, but for now, it’s your own people who are doing that for their own partisan causes, and the way you sit back and blame the NRA is nothing short of disgusting. I mean, go ahead and criticize the NRA, but that’s no excuse to grant a pass to the gross abuse that Liberals perpetrated upon our schools system for their partisan agenda. I’m pretty sure that you’d be disgusted and angry if the tables were turned and the schools were doing the same thing in favor of my ideals instead of yours. It seems that Liberals like you–not all Liberals, but the ones who uphold your consistent double-standards–never fail to show just how self-centered their “standards” are and just how little “equality,” fairness, and “tolerance” actually means to them. You have no right to misuse our shared public resources like that. Even if you did, it’s just dishonest fake news to say it was an independent student-led movement. It was just another of the typical partisan stunts by the Democratic Party and their activists.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

Factual Context

School administrators and teachers in public schools across the country organized a walkout in favor of the partisan agenda of advancing controversial gun control and required students to either participate in the walkout or go to study hall instead of being in class where they are supposed to be learning. Some allegedly suspended kids who chose to stay in class instead.

Question

quote:
Would it be OK for the principles and teachers of hundreds of public schools to organize and a walkout in favor of outlawing homosexual marriage and abortion and requiring students to either participate in the walkout or go to study hall instead of being in class where they are supposed to be learning, suspending them if they chose to stay in class instead?

Response

quote:
No, it would not be ok for administrators and authorities in schools to promote partisan ideology in the way you've described, which is a very very narrow case that I am sure you will conflate with something else entirely.
Ah, so you think it's OK for school administrators to promote your partisan ideology but not mine. Precisely my point. Thanks for sharing.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland