Surprise Snake

I’ve got nothing…so here are some of my snake pictures…

Cute little hognosed snake…

Legless lizard…he blinks…

I think this is a garter snake or some variety…

This guy on Wadmalaw did not enjoy getting his picture taken…

Cows and the water moccasin.

A very unpleasant fellow

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

When your walking through the weeds or woods, it’s amazing how high and far you can jump off of one leg, rather that stepping on that snake!:wink:

Larry,

I just saw your post where you asked me for an ID on the snake in the second picture.

That’s not a copperhead. It’s a specimen of the species called the red-bellied snake–not to be confused with the red-bellied water snake. That particular individual is of the orange-brown phase of its species. As do many snake species, the red-bellied snake varies in color. Red-bellied snakes, in particular, vary in back color from granite grey to orange-brown.

I used to catch them commonly in the Francis Marion Forest. Cool little critters. Completely harmless.

This may surprise you, but the one in your picture is an adult.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

quote:
Larry,

I just saw your post where you asked me for an ID on the snake in the second picture.

That’s not a copperhead. It’s a specimen of the species called the red-bellied snake–not to be confused with the red-bellied water snake. That particular individual is of the orange-brown phase of its species. As do many snake species, the red-bellied snake varies in color. Red-bellied snakes, in particular, vary in back color from granite grey to orange-brown.

I used to catch them commonly in the Francis Marion Forest. Cool little critters. Completely harmless.

This may surprise you, but the one in your picture is an adult.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

That does surprise me that it’s an adult. Very cool. I knew it was harmless when it struck my thumb a few times and didn’t break the skin. Wasn’t sure what it was though. See something new every day around here. Learn something new too. Thanks!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper