The mess we've just made is a moral catastrophe

Here’s some info from a guy (Michael Yon), who knows.

https://www.burnbarrelpodcast.com/episodes/episode/8fa729d8/michael-yon-on-the-disaster-in-afghanistan-ep-320

Very sobering.
Very sobering.
I hope he’s wrong. But, he predicts a blood bath once the last US resource leaves.

When we were stuck in Iraq, Michael Yon wrote “Moment of Truth in Iraq”. It was a great presentation of how things worked (or, didn’t) in fostering collaboration with locals in Iraq. The Surge worked due to our military’s understanding of how to make that stuff happen. Now, Yon is a VERY educated observer of what’s happening in Afghanistan.

I don’t necessarily think he’s got a corner on the Truth. But, he has a lot of quality info.

Why can we NOT find this quality of information in our press?

I had my own bias against Biden to believe he might become America’s worst president. Don’t need any bias against him to know he is our worst president ever. He is still trying to down play his exit execution and put blame on others. He made the call to pull the military while leaving our citizens stranded. If there is not a blood bath before years end, I’ll be surprised.

Joe has just given Radical Islamic terrorists billions in advanced military hardware. These people will jump off a building if there leader tells them he wants to see what kind of blood spray pattern they leave. They are some of the most sadistic humans around. Have we forgot the snuff videos of them hacking off reporters heads in the name of god? Damm Biden.

Fred, I have spent some major bucks on some thermal and night vision stuff that looks similar to what I have seen on those Taliban folks rifles.

To even purchase this stuff, I had to fill out a form stating it would not leave the US.

Just give that **** away. Let alone the billions of dollars of other equipment/technology. China and Russia are loving every minute of this fiasco! Goodbye Taiwan, just watch…

This is soooo backwards I can’t believe what I am seeing.

Lookup the YouTube vid (podcast) of Rob Oneil and Don Jr discussing this stuff. Seriously!

NN

Everything and Everyone is expendable when consolidating power.

Chaos reigns. Demoralizing if allowed.

What is happening is/was all orchestrated to provoke. The Truth will win in the end.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

My mom is 82 and became a U.S. citizen in 1957. She knows American history better than I do, because she had to to pass the citizenship test. My father (86) is now housebound but his mind is still good. Just Sunday, Dad broke down in tears and then my Mom followed suit. Never in their lives have they seen such utter B.S. from our leaders and the state of this great nation. All my life I have never seen my Mother or Father so concerned for their Grands and Great Grands, or us boys.

At first I thought that only 12ish MRAPs where left behind for the Taliban… Now it’s looking like 80+ These things are base priced at 1 million dollars… Now it’s getting out that THOUSANDS of rifles and Millions of rounds of Ammo are in the Taliban’s hands… All left for them. On the Night vision stuff!!! Why not bring it back to America and give it to all of us that paid for it? No, Biden gives it to our Enemy!!! How many MRE’s left behind to fuel their army? The list is steady growing as more comes out.

Biden’s Doctrine: Surrender to the Taliban, leave American’s stranded, and then Lie about it.

Wonder where our Whine and cry about it crowd went? Anyone that can defend Biden on this issue needs a swift kick in the Nutz. Let’s see if this thread gets deflected to “Trumps fault”. Demo crate, Republican, Transpolitical, Libertarian… There is no defense for our Presidents recent actions.

doubleN… this is a pretty good one, if it doesn’t get taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtZxaZmIQRQ

dang… one more edit… How do we have the Taliban with a verified Twitter account and Trump is banned? . Wonder what happened to Jpride( is that right)? I have a feeling he would have been all for some Civil Disobedience.

Your parents aren’t the only ones with tears.

We come from folks who lived through a depression…world wars…

They taught you well…Hold Fast.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

I was just in getting out of diapers through Nam, I’ve heard recently on the media that this is no different than the divide that happened way back then. I asked Dad how he was treated coming home. He got stationed back in England, so missed a lot of the spitting and military HATE, but he did tell me that he went to get Auto insurance from Hartford and was told by the agent that we don’t serve Baby Killers… Mom told me that was the only time since she has been with my father that he was at a loss for words. They have been with Geico ever since. Oh and for those on this site that state our Military members are less inteligent than the majority of Americans… My dad dropped out of school in the 8th grade. He raised three boys, has two retirements and then went to college and got his law degree, graduating Magna cum lade. Guess all military members (ex or present) aren’t as stupid as one member here likes to think.

Not sure how any country could ever trust us as allies again. I would be very concerned if I were Taiwan as long as this incompetent moron is in office. In 7+ months, Biden has angered all of our allies and made us laughingstocks. Yeah, so much better than Trump but, I"ll guarantee you that our resident lib pinheads will “but Trump”, “but Trump”. How about address THIS president’s problems.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

https://theintercept.com/2021/08/17/afghanistan-taliban-military-biometrics/

This must be comforting to the Americans whom we incorrectly thought were stranded in Afghanistan

furthermore all G7 leaders are standing shoulder to shoulder with Biden, at least that’s what he read from a teleprompter and he’s initiating his plan to evacuate 50,000 Afghans into America First’s build back better planned future

sure wish he’d take 90 minutes of reporters’ questions like the previous potus so we could analyze exactly which flavor ice cream he’s fond of, however that would create a shortage and a price increase which would break a campaign promise.

any day now mdaddy will share “The Plan” hold fast!

“ RBF aka Shunkey, Porch Dick, John Weaver, quite frankly you are full of schitt. In my opinion you are primarily to blame for the degradation of this particular fishing website. You dilute this place with your incessant desire to be relevant by posting constantly whatever cut and paste cartoon or quip you dig up only God knows where just to be "heard". It really must be miserable where you are, if not for you then for those around you.” EF 4/27/21

The Drumpf Lemmings are responsible for Afghanistan… Your Demagogue laid out the plans, and ByeDon just carried them through, plain and simple… The rest is just partisan BS, and typical histrionics from the Lemmings…

Never should have supported Drumpf because he is the reason for ByeDon… Guess ole Hilliary doesn’t look too bad now… Anyhoo, VP Harris/Momala will be along shortly to get it all straightened out for the Drumpf Lemmings…

RBF

WTF is going in the USA?
The political elite expect to believe them rather than our own eyes.

Remember a while back, as US M1 Abrams were literally rolling through Bagdad within sight of their Capitol buildings, Saddam Hussein sent out ‘Bagdad Bob’ to tell the Iraqis and the world how the Iraqi armed forces were decimating the US and Co forces in the desert. That they were pushing the invaders back into Kuwait? Total and complete B5 while the world watched real time on TV as the Abrams’ rolled up. I vaguely remember that in one press conference as Bagdad Bob made such claims, you could hear the report of big munitions in the background.

'Seems like that exact same thing is happening, now. Not tanks in the streets. But, as we get credible information about how totally messed up this withdrawal is, Psaki does her best Bagdad Bob.

On Monday, Fox News's Peter Doocy asked Psaki during the presser, "Most of the criticism is not of leaving Afghanistan, it's the way that he has ordered it to happen, by pulling the troops before getting these Americans who are now stranded." "Does he have a sense of that?"

Psaki answered: “First of all, I think it’s irresponsible to say Americans are stranded. They are not.”

How does she say that with a straight face?
How is a major portion of our society stupid/ignorant enough to believe it?

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

“How is a major portion of our society stupid/ignorant enough to believe it?”

Public Education that the taxpayers employ to educate their children is a total failure…

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

When you are given a deadline months in advance the US military will be leaving Afghanistan… Prolly a good idea to get out immediately…

Regarding the equipment left… Geez, that would have been pratical… Take all the equipment the Afghans had been trained to use to defend themselves and leave them nothing… Also, I just don’t believe the Taliban would just allow the US to take the equipment without a fight… Then, you’d have US soldiers dying over trying to remove military equipment that is no threat to the US…

Like I said before, just more partisan BS, and a bunch of Drumpf Lemming histrionics on full display…

RBF

TRUTH!

https://news.yahoo.com/served-afghanistan-us-marine-twice-100000389.html

RBF

Keep the Shun

Haha, Logorrhea man…

RBF

Thought this was interesting.
I went to Honduras after hurricane Mitch (a while back) and was astonished at the rapidity at which our military was able to cycle all manner of aircraft (C17s, C5s, Caribou, C135s, etc.) through that one lane runway plus taxiway at Soto Cano. As soon as one was off the runway onto the taxiway/apron, another took off. As soon as he was clear, another landed. Every few minutes. Incredible. Given what’s happening in Kabul, 'was interested in what air traffic looked like.

See - https://www.flightradar24.com/32.98,68.54/8

You can watch the air traffic moving, basically real time.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Yep, just more TRUTH!

https://theweek.com/afghanistan-war/1003959/only-trump-mike-pence-and-mike-pompeo-seem-to-be-defending-trumps-2020

RBF

We needed to get out of Afghanistan but it should have been done quietly at first with the retrieval of our assets and the air support to clear out all on danger. Biden did this the wrong way. He blew it and he owns this mess. Perhaps he was too tired to think this mess through . Maintain the shun

Please read: do not respond to the political forums trouble makers that spew filth and sewage with their name calling and constant insults. It feeds their sickness and harms this site as EF and others have noted Please maintain the shun

Unlike President Heshitshimself the Taliban understood the art of the deal

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/u-s-to-miss-afghanistan-may-withdrawal-deadline-sets-9-11-target

C/p The Taliban previously warned the U.S. of “consequences” if it reneged on the May 1 deadline.
In a February 2020 agreement with the administration of President Donald Trump, the Taliban agreed to halt attacks and hold peace talks with the Afghan government, in exchange for a U.S. commitment to a complete withdrawal by May 2021.

no ticker tape 9/11 parade as dreamed inside a demented pudding brain…sorry Big Guy

“ RBF aka Shunkey, Porch Dick, John Weaver, quite frankly you are full of schitt. In my opinion you are primarily to blame for the degradation of this particular fishing website. You dilute this place with your incessant desire to be relevant by posting constantly whatever cut and paste cartoon or quip you dig up only God knows where just to be "heard". It really must be miserable where you are, if not for you then for those around you.” EF 4/27/21