This market is absurd

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by seaox

Why was nobody talking about how good the stock market was from 2008-2016,now it’s booming. I wonder what happened???

That would be Trump....

This thread has shown me just how little I know about our Stock Market, thank you all for this information. Time for me to actually put a little learn time into this stuff.

You might want to check your answer on that one. Obama will get credited for one of the hottest bull markets of all time under his dictatorship. Trump will get credited for one of the worst.

Before I get accused of being “anti-Trump”, I’m stating statistically likely outcomes here, not “opinions”. I’m not saying that their policies did X or Y. I’m just stating market behavior\outcomes during their time spans.

Hoping you will be wrong, but will this great recession come during Trumps 1st or second term?

If you are right then DRterry sounds like he’s right about moving to Bonds. :question:

quote:

Hoping you will be wrong, but will this great recession come during Trumps 1st or second term?

Have no idea. I'm not a good market timer. I'm horrible at it. I would have told you 2 years ago that crash was imminent, but that hasn't happened... But considering that Trump's first term won't end until 1.20.2021, I would put my chips on a first term correction... That would give the dems huge momentum to get their candidate in place to kill Trump's chances at a 2nd term. Nothing to do with his policy, just timing... A bull market like this just cannot continue forever. That's just the way it is.
quote:
quote:

Have no idea. I'm not a good market timer. I'm horrible at it. I would have told you 2 years ago that crash was imminent, but that hasn't happened... But considering that Trump's first term won't end until 1.20.2021, I would put my chips on a first term correction... That would give the dems huge momentum to get their candidate in place to kill Trump's chances at a 2nd term. Nothing to do with his policy, just timing... A bull market like this just cannot continue forever. That's just the way it is.

10/4. I guess a big bust in the economy would be a great platform for the dems. Time will tell. Guess we all just have to enjoy it while we can. Maybe this will be a record setting bull market?

I believe the dems will have to put out a really good candidate

quote:

10/4. I guess a big bust in the economy would be a great platform for the dems.

Yes it would. The reason would never matter, only the timing… People like to “attribute” a good or bad economy to the current president when the reality is that some of the effective policies might have been set a decade before.

quote:
Time will tell. Guess we all just have to enjoy it while we can. Maybe this will be a record setting bull market?

I watch very little tv, but I would imagine it has already been considered one of (if not THE) biggest bull market of all time right now.

quote:
I believe the dems will have to put out a really good candidate
There is still a lot of anti-Trump sentiment. Trump didn't win the last election because he was "so good". He won because Hillary was "so bad"... In other words, more people hated Hillary than they did Trump. Based on that opinion (since I don't have hard facts to back up my statement), I'm working on the theory that the dems just need to put someone palatable on the table. The reality is, Bernie might have won the last election if Hillary didn't steal it from him with the super delegate thing. Hard to speculate though, but my pulse was that we had a lot more "I'll never vote for Hillary" than we had "I'll never vote for Trump".
quote:
quote:
There is still a lot of anti-Trump sentiment. Trump didn't win the last election because he was "so good". He won because Hillary was "so bad"... In other words, more people hated Hillary than they did Trump. Based on that opinion (since I don't have hard facts to back up my statement), I'm working on the theory that the dems just need to put someone palatable on the table. The reality is, Bernie might have won the last election if Hillary didn't steal it from him with the super delegate thing. Hard to speculate though, but my pulse was that we had a lot more "I'll never vote for Hillary" than we had "I'll never vote for Trump".

Yes sir, that is about as plainly stated as it gets… IMO. You and I differ on a few issues but I think agree on most. I’ve still got my money on Trump for another 4 years… unless someone spectacular comes out of the woodwork. I’m truly enjoying the media screaming from being exposed for the biases they hold dear. Also enjoying the left getting exposed for so much hypocrisy. Then even more, seeing those that say they are conservative being exposed for only being politicians looking to please all.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir, that is about as plainly stated as it gets… IMO. You and I differ on a few issues but I think agree on most. I’ve still got my money on Trump for another 4 years… unless someone spectacular comes out of the woodwork. I’m truly enjoying the media screaming from being exposed for the biases they hold dear. Also enjoying the left getting exposed for so much hypocrisy. Then even more, seeing those that say they are conservative being exposed for only being politicians looking to please all.

Yep. We are not that far off... Honestly, to me, the media is like clanging cymbals. I don't pay them much attention. I want a president that will keep

“How do you like me now?”

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Oh well, at least my inflation protection MUX is doing well in this market…

Wait… $1.79… WTF???

Not digging what’s going on. I’m getting closer and closer to retiring and don’t like this volatility. Losing some of my previous gains on my 401K. If I was a lib, I’d be blaming Trump.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Not digging what’s going on. I’m getting closer and closer to retiring and don’t like this volatility. Losing some of my previous gains on my 401K. If I was a lib, I’d be blaming Trump.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I moved 50% from equities to interest/cash, not gonna make more than 5
3% but wont loose 50%. Like idea of having some cash on sidelines to buy back in at some point.

I’m not a Dr, those are my initials and I cant edit my user name. Please do not contact me regarding medical issues :slight_smile:

Been in cash for a year as I thought this was coming sooner. Being almost 67, I can’t wait a decade to get it back.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Friday is rebalancing day…they just getting an early start on it.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

I get heartburn every time I look at the market…the last week has put a serious dent in my Tums stash.

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”