Topwater Baits for Trout

I got a noodle rod with 6lb flouro and tie a uni straight and I can walk a spook like nothing. Braid and stiffer rod and i have to use a different technique and try. How fast do yall fish topwaters? Ive heard any where from super super super slow, to skipping across the water. Ive heard top water at night can produce.

Zarra in Bone and for deep Miro TT27.

Stonoman

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

I got a noodle rod with 6lb flouro and tie a uni straight and I can walk a spook like nothing. Braid and stiffer rod and i have to use a different technique and try. How fast do yall fish topwaters? Ive heard any where from super super super slow, to skipping across the water. Ive heard top water at night can produce.

I typically throw my topwater baits on a moderate action rod (spinning and casting). I like a soft tip because I believe it helps me get the action I want. Plus, with the moderate action, it slows my reaction time and has helped increase my hook ups.

As far as how fast I work the bait, I let the fish dictate that. I vary speeds until I find what the fish want.

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

I kinda like this guys idea…

My personal favorite is a 4" BADONK-A-DONK HP in Silver Mullet.

DBTR,
You should probably print out these responses and refer back to them. You received some great advice here.
Good luck.

Harold Wilcox
www.haroldshogwash.com

quote:
Originally posted by bangstickI let the fish dictate that. I vary speeds until I find what the fish want.

"

Read this reel slow. This is gold

Yes, lots of great responses and advice. Dieing to try all of this advice, I re-tied my lures w loop knots and went out one evening this week to try the mirrolure while varying my retrieve methods and struck gold again! This time a 17.5" & 15" trout.

Badonk-A-Donk LP or HP

https://www.bombersaltwatergrade.com/bomber-badonk-a-donk-low-pitch-fishing-lure

https://www.bombersaltwatergrade.com/bomber-badonk-a-donk-high-pitch-fishing-lure

I like bone and silver mullet.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish