Trump Travel

Obama travelling cost $97 million over 8 years. That’s riduclous, as we’ve seen brought up here many times. One trip to Hawaii cost $4.2 million as reported by the conservative site, Judicial Watch:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/obama-familys-2015-hawaii-vacation-cost-taxpayers-4823206-88/

Trump’s Mar-A-Lago trips have cost an estimated $10 million since the inauguration, and it’s costing $500k a day to guard Trump tower in NYC so Barron can finish school??? I mean I get that, but your life has to change when you’re elected POTUS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?utm_term=.43c11487f505

The benefit here being Trump owns these resorts and buildings, so some of it goes back into his own pocket.

As good fiscally conservative individuals, does this bother anyone else? I know it’s Trump, and it’s negative, so you’re all bracing yourselves to figure out how you can spin this positive and somehow negative about HRC. I mean it’s all there.

Why does he keep retreating to Mar-A-Lago anyway? He has a resort outside of DC.

ED - you must be running out of things to complain about.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Obama travelling cost $97 million over 8 years. That’s riduclous, as we’ve seen brought up here many times. One trip to Hawaii cost $4.2 million as reported by the conservative site, Judicial Watch:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/obama-familys-2015-hawaii-vacation-cost-taxpayers-4823206-88/

Trump’s Mar-A-Lago trips have cost an estimated $10 million since the inauguration, and it’s costing $500k a day to guard Trump tower in NYC so Barron can finish school??? I mean I get that, but your life has to change when you’re elected POTUS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?utm_term=.43c11487f505

The benefit here being Trump owns these resorts and buildings, so some of it goes back into his own pocket.

As good fiscally conservative individuals, does this bother anyone else? I know it’s Trump, and it’s negative, so you’re all bracing yourselves to figure out how you can spin this positive and somehow negative about HRC. I mean it’s all there.

Why does he keep retreating to Mar-A-Lago anyway? He has a resort outside of DC.


****************************************************

Ah. More confusing “information”.

The +$97,000,000 spent by our former “Resident in Chief” Barry Sotero, was VACATION expense.

Junkets to go to the funeral of Nelson Mandela, to attend his Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, to go to climate change conferences, even to travel to parts of the US for his numerous “fundraisers” are not included in the $97,000,000 total.

Please don’t mix metaphors.

[img]http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/uploaded/Bottom Scratcher/20172

Ok. So BS, given that Obama’s travel seems to bother you, and using the concepts of basic math you can foresee that Trump is 1/9th of the way there less than 1 month into his presidency, is that okay?

Look ED , If the left would spend more time trying to help people and try to grow the party instead of all this bickering - some good might happen for all of us. If the left thinks things are bad now, just think how things will be if Trump does great things for us, and the dems have done nothing but roadblock him.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Obama travelling cost $97 million over 8 years. That’s riduclous, as we’ve seen brought up here many times. One trip to Hawaii cost $4.2 million as reported by the conservative site, Judicial Watch:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/obama-familys-2015-hawaii-vacation-cost-taxpayers-4823206-88/

Trump’s Mar-A-Lago trips have cost an estimated $10 million since the inauguration, and it’s costing $500k a day to guard Trump tower in NYC so Barron can finish school??? I mean I get that, but your life has to change when you’re elected POTUS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?utm_term=.43c11487f505

The benefit here being Trump owns these resorts and buildings, so some of it goes back into his own pocket.

As good fiscally conservative individuals, does this bother anyone else? I know it’s Trump, and it’s negative, so you’re all bracing yourselves to figure out how you can spin this positive and somehow negative about HRC. I mean it’s all there.

Why does he keep retreating to Mar-A-Lago anyway? He has a resort outside of DC.


***************************************

Oooopsie.

Sorry, I overlooked your humor in referencing that “Fake News” site - the Washington Post.

After the Washington Post was “caught”:

“Fake News”: And How The Washington Post Rewrote Its Story On Russian Hacking Of The Power Grid;

“Fake News”: Washington Post reports: The State Department’s Entire Senior Administrative Team Just Resigned;

Sorry.

I thought you were being serious.

[img]http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/uploaded/Bottom Scratcher/2017217152242_fake news.

Jeez, Scratcher, learn how to resize images … #128558;

quote:
Originally posted by Bottom Scratcher

Junkets to go to the funeral of Nelson Mandela, to attend his Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, to go to climate change conferences, even to travel to parts of the US for his numerous “fundraisers” are not included in the $97,000,000 total.


You seriously calling Obama attending Nelson Mandela’s funeral a “junket”? I’m not sure that word means what you think it means…

Spear…You wallow in a thick ooze of superiority in your defense of the previous POTUS. He Was, Is, and will ALWAYS BE a kept man. His legacy of a life lived at the expense of others is already written. This thread concerning the exponential expense of a POTUS lifestyle is flawed, and perverse. The expense of carrying the costs of Obama’s POLITICAL agenda will dwarf those of President Trump.

When you have the written and photographed evidence of President Trump expending public funds on self aggrandizing journey’s to mecca’s of political fundraising expressly for that non public purpose, then the true accounting can be assessed.

quote:
Originally posted by SirSpear
quote:
Originally posted by Bottom Scratcher

Junkets to go to the funeral of Nelson Mandela, to attend his Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, to go to climate change conferences, even to travel to parts of the US for his numerous “fundraisers” are not included in the $97,000,000 total.


You seriously calling Obama attending Nelson Mandela's funeral a "junket"? I'm not sure that word means what you think it means...

**********************************

Junket: “A junket is a pleasure trip, often funded by someone else.”

Let’s see.

Pleasure trip? (note Barry Sotero yucking it up with the Danish Prime Minister at the funeral of Nelson Mandela):

Doesn’t look like a funeral to me. Wellllllll, perhaps Michelle wasn’t having such a good time . . .

Nevertheless, Barry Sotero didn’t attend the funeral of the former Prime Minister of one of our strongest allies - Great Britain - he did NOT attend Margaret Thatcher’s funeral.

Just to be consistent, Barry Sotero didn’t attend the funeral of a former First Lady - he did NOT attend Nancy Reagan’s funeral.

And just to be consistent, Barry Sotero didn’t attend the funeral of a Supreme Court Justice - he did NOT attend Antonin Scalia’s funeral.

Interestingly, on September, 15th, 2012, after welcoming home the bodies of four dead American’s that were abandoned and k

Don’t forget the Bum taking Michael on a date to NYC:face_with_head_bandage:

Liberals will never run out of things to whine about.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

“Fake News”: Washington Post reports: The State Department’s Entire Senior Administrative Team Just Resigned;

I knew the Fakers would get in there. Pretty sure it’s protocol for senior staff to submit letters of resignation to the incoming Secretary. Some are accepted, some are not.

I’ve never seen such a big group of hypocrites. You can’t even address the real topic.

If I was sitting between those 2, I know who Id be talking to:stuck_out_tongue:

The fact is that ANY travel by the POTUS costs a ton of money. I’d be willing to bet that it cost the taxpayers less when Obama was traveling than when he was working in DC.

This is a very interesting book by a former Secret Service man: https://www.amazon.com/Standing-Next-History-Agents-Service/dp/031233222X. Not only is it a good read, it also explains why it costs so much for the POTUS and VPOTUS to travel.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

quote:
I've never seen such a big group of hypocrites. You can't even address the real topic.

Yeah, cuz you libs are ALWAYS on point. Jeez, pot meet kettle.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

I’ve never seen such a big group of hypocrites. You can’t even address the real topic.


Moderating again ? ED???

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

The fact is that ANY travel by the POTUS costs a ton of money. I’d be willing to bet that it cost the taxpayers less when Obama was traveling than when he was working in DC.

This is a very interesting book by a former Secret Service man: https://www.amazon.com/Standing-Next-History-Agents-Service/dp/031233222X. Not only is it a good read, it also explains why it costs so much for the POTUS and VPOTUS to travel.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/


This. And it makes a lot of sense if you consider the catastrophic results and costs of a hostage situation involving the President/VP/first family or other high ranking official with a security detail. It’s like insurance – maybe we could save in the short run by cutting costs, but seems a penny wise and a pound foolish.