What Happened to All That Global Warming?

It’s JUNE, and it still ain’t hot yet. It’s just starting to feeling like a typical Charleston spring. May was like a typical March. My pool is still chilly! Having to run the heater in JUNE?!?!?!?

Wazzup, Al?

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarine.net
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

silence speaks a bunch.

I’m still hoping my great great great grandchildren get to benefit from my Peach orchard in Canada as we come out of this ice age.

Global warming has messed up the world’s climate so badly that it has gotten confused and doesn’t know what it is supposed to be doing.

There all you wacky libs, covered that for you.

</font id=“size4”>PLEAAASE, PLEASSSSE< SHUT OFF THE ELECTRIC GRID!

The language is being changed to ‘Climate Change’. They are still saying the long cooling period is in fact from global warming. I kid you not.

Umm, you gonna eat that?

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!

[URL=]

[/URL]

Correct new buzz words allows all of the libtards to join in on what ever is happening with the climate. Besides it allows them to apply for more govt. grants.

Climate Change is one of my favorites.

Can anyone tell me when climate change started?

You ain’t drunk, till you’re Tickle drunk

23 Sea Hunt “My Last Boat V”

Well, this is just my recollection, but I recall it starting around 2008 when all the dire prophecies of the Global Warming pseudo-scientists (alarmists) failed to come to pass. Remember when they said that the period from 2006-2008 or so was going to produce record high numbers of hurricanes? Well, it ended up producing relatively LOW numbers. Remember the predicted sea-level rises of Biblical proportions? Well, it ended up being about an inch every ten years–about what it’s been doing all along. As more and more predictions failed and more and more record low temps and uncommmonly cool winters and springs were recorded, the language changed from “global warming” to “climate change”.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

It all boils down to keeping oneself employed. What else is a climatologist going to do? They need grants to maintain an income. To receive grants, they have to be relevant. Nothing like a made up hysteria to get headline attention and bleeding heart liberals to throw someone else’s money your way.

I personally like this climate change. My last power bill was 60$ less compared to the previous year.

Hydra-Sports 22 Bay Sport
225 Rude

Come on Lee, you missed my joke.
Climate is ALWAYS changing. So duh it is climate change

You ain’t drunk, till you’re Tickle drunk

23 Sea Hunt “My Last Boat V”

Oh, I thought you were asking when they made the switch from calling it global warming to calling it climate change. Yes, that is a good punch line, and honestly, that’s always been the joke about the issue. Not only has climate change always been around, but global warming has also been going on for thousands of years. The sham is to sell us on the idea that any of it is something recent, artificial, and something that can be fixed by a political agenda with “green” government spending programs.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

I hate Al Gore and the libs for politicizing taking care of the environment. Do humans have a major effect on the climate change? Probably not. Should we go ahead and invest in renewable energy and get away from burning fossil fuels? Definitely. Clean renewable cheap energy is good for the air, your wallet, and national security.

While I don’t believe in global warming, the irony on this thread being posted right before a tropical pops up in the gulf on the 6th day of hurricane season is funny.

I wouldn’t think it’s too ironic because over 100 years ago, tropical storms were popping up BEFORE hurricane season even started, such as the May-27th storm of 1890. It happens and always has happened. Nothing new.

Now, you did make a good point on something else. Conservation of the environment and natural resources is a patently good idea. Global warming has nothing to do with it. I think who ever came up with Smokey Bear and the “give a hoot” slogan deserve the Nobel Prize more than Al Gore.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

Global warming started on January 20, 2001 and officially ended on January 20, 2009. At that time, any differentiation in global temperatures are now referred to as climate change. As we all know, the climate is always changing so since January 20, 2009, there is no longer a problem.

[:0]

“If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel .” Benjamin Netanyahu

Ecclesiastes 10:2

GW 205
F200 Yam

Gotcha, I think we can all agree that specific weather events or short-term trends can’t be attributed to climate change, but are you really saying that you don’t believe Earth is in a current warming phase?

Can I answer for you! :smiley:

We are coming out of an Ice Age!

I’ll bet if the human race survives another 10,000 -15,000 years most of Florida will be under water.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

I’ll bet if the human race survives another 10,000 -15,000 years most of Florida will be under water.

And downtown Charleston.
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

And downtown Charleston.

No LA either… should we start preparing to have another liberal movie-making meccaville???

Turkey… the other white meat.

I dunno New Orleans is 40 feet below sea level and it’s still there…relatively speaking