What is an "oyster rake"?

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

: a long-handled rake usu. with curved teeth for gathering oysters in water of moderate depth

Here’s another mound :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by wearthefishes
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

: a long-handled rake usu. with curved teeth for gathering oysters in water of moderate depth

Here’s another mound :smiley:

Those are “Bull Rakes” for clams

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Yeah…but if a few oysters get caught u p in them that’s ok too :wink:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Paul’s always gotta be right…oh wait, Paul is always right anyway…ok, nevermind…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Well Paul maybe right…but everyone knows you NEVER argue with woman…even if you try to get the final word in from another room :wink:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

penfish may not always be right, but she’s never wrong!

I used to clam with my uncle, he just looked for the keyholes in the mudflats and used a regular long toothed hand rake with only about 4/5 teeth IIRC…

back then we’d fill the boat up a couple of times a day

'bout time

I would say just a mound of oysters as well. Or what it does to the bottom of your boat if you go over them too shallow.

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

love gigging with my daddy…buthate it when we push over oysters even if its in his old boat. :slight_smile: like dragging a nail down a chalk board

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

In not sure I have any gel left on the bottom of my boat… :smiley:

www.baturinphotography.com

I know a guy who that exact thing happened to. He had his boar turned over in the yard and it looked like he had a rash on the bottom. Boy was he sorry.