10-16-22 Report

Made it to the landing at 6:30am & the mosquitos were thick. Fought them off & headed to my first spot, bugs were thick there too. My 2nd cast & it was a Red. Measured him & he was 15.5" but I had a brain fart & couldn’t remember if the min was 15" or 16". Went to pull out my phone to look & realized I left it in the truck so I borrowed my father n laws & then tossed him in the live well. Went back to fishing but after that only got some trash fish. Before we left that spot I decided to double check the fish one more time & sure enough I had measured wrong. He was only 14.5" so I tossed him back & moved on (forgot to take a pic). 2nd spot our Z-man kept betting bit off but no hook ups, I assume it was small blues. 3rd spot we had a decent amount of hook ups but nothing in the boat, maybe small trout. 4th spot was trash fish & 5th spot no luck. Moved back to the 4th spot after the water had went up some & got a 12" Red in the boat. Tossed back & then got a drag puller that snapped me off & then my father in law had 2 break him off. I saw it under the water but not enough to tell what it was, I think maybe a huge Black drum.
Spoke to a couple in a sail boat & they saw a lot catching Reds on Saturday & they also saw a lot getting tickets for keeping under size Reds as DNR came thru checking everyone in that area.
Headed back to the landing & loaded up. I think all the mosquitoes must have moved into my truck because we killed them all the way home.

1 Like