10/23 Fishing with the Boy!

I had planned for the jetties today with a buddy, but he couldn’t make it. Ended up taking my boy out instead and we had a blast. We stayed in the river and creeks instead of the jetties. He’ll be jetty ready next year!
The creeks were thick with smaller shrimp. We filled up the bait well and kept getting robbed by small fish. Went through what felt like 100 shrimp. Lot of small flounder chasing shrimp to the boat, but they had commitment issues. Landed 1 puppy drum.
Turned our focus onto catfish. The boy loves catfish. Landed one smaller cat and headed home happy. Beautiful day on the water with my Son. He’s getting good at casting and he’s a pro at reeling in fish. Just gotta get over the fear of holding the fish. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good on Ya’ Brother!!

That fear will go away in time.

Reminds me of great times fishing with my daughter!

1 Like

Great job, Dad! Gotta love a day like that!

And btw… love the boat name!

Better update that sticker.

1 Like

awesome stuff right there.

That’s what it’s all about!

1 Like

Only problem I see what this story is the price of gas. Great job love the water hose and the boat and your son all in the same picture

Reg is good. DNR seems to be having problems with a basic address change form. Changed my address, spent hours on the phone and I can’t seem to get a new sticker to save my life.

I do find it ironic though, that a boat called Bad Samaritan has an expired sticker :joy:

I figured it was just some kind of misunderstanding. I think there is a member here that has a lot of pull over at the DNR.