10/28 Troutin' on the Wando

After talking it over this week at work, decided to try for some keeper trout early Saturday morning on the Wando. Met up at the 41 ramp at zero dark thirty. As we slipped his Whaler off the trailer into the Wando, I noticed the sun was painting the edges of the horizon. I was thinking to myself what a great start to the day! Tide was still incoming while we eased up a favorite side creek and started pitching artificials along the bank. After a couple of casts and Wham! I reeled in only half of my plastic shrimp! Hmmm, something was definitely hungry. For the first hour we hooked up almost every other cast. If the bite slowed, we moved to a new creek mouth or the other side of the bank. The main goal of the day was to put my co-workers 10 year old son on some nice trout, and after some coaching on his retrieve he connected with a nice one, and then another. He was all smiles. Made for a great day on the water. Co-worker sent me a pick of his dinner plate. Mission accomplished! Tight lines …

“Lil Mudslinger” - Lowe 160 W/50hp Yammie

Love it when a plan comes together good work! Rinse and repeat! The trout are hungry right now. What was the size? I was out last Thursday and weeded through the 12"-14" to keep 4 around 17"-18.5".

Altogether I’d say we caught 30 plus 12-13 inch trout and kept 3 15-16 inch trout for the table. Definitely a great day on the water, our only complaint was with no wind most of the day the noseeums were tearing us up!

“Lil Mudslinger” - Lowe 160 W/50hp Yammie