11-3

Went back to my little oak bottom/travel corridor in the forest this morning after seeing a few deer yesterday. Saw one deer trotting across around 6:40 but couldn’t tell what it was. Around 8:20 had a medium and small doe come feeding by. Around 8:45 possibly the same two deer came back and kept me entertained for a while. Had a deer blowing at me as I was watching the two close deer, turned out to be a doe and button buck. Around 9:25 i looked up and saw a group of about 5 coming to me from a different direction. I was happy to finally see a couple good sized does in this group. I got the gun up quick and took a shot at the first doe. She took off in a straight line but never saw her stumble or go down. I gave the deer about 30 minutes before coming down. I went to the spot where she was standing and got a bad feeling as I couldn’t find any blood. I went in the direction she ran and only found a couple small drops of blood. Finally about 70 yards later I started to see a little more blood. I started putting some flagging tape up and saw she was going pretty much in a straight line. She ended up going about 150 yards. I think my bullet may have hit a branch, I just barely hit the deer in front of the right shoulder. Got lucky that the bullet came out through the opposite shoulder. Prettty upset about the shot and dont plan to hunt with the rifle again until I hit the range. Good sized doe, would guess 105-110lbs. Was a nice .6 mile drag back to the truck. Had some heart for dinner[<3]

LIKE.Reminds me of the times we would fry all the hearts at the cabin after the big hunts down on the Williman islands. I been bringing all my deer to the processor,reckon I need to get back to the basics.haha

I’ve been field dressing most that I kill in the forest to make the drag easier. I tend to save the heart when I got my hands on it already. Still taking them to the processor. I like to save some of the bloodshot and less desirable wild game meat for catfish bait. Seems to work well and stays on the hook forever.