11/4

Saw 12 deer, 10 were bucks. Only one was a borderline shooter. 7-8:30AM.
None were chasing.
Last night i set a decoy in my foodplot and about 5PM decided to rattle. Big mistake. The moment I rattled a buck which was on his way to the decoy spun around and was gone. If I had waited one more minute he would have been broadside at decoy.
And no, I did not see him before I rattled.

Sounds like you’re seeing plenty of deer.

Well today another missed opportunity. I was debating hunting what I call stand #1 or Tony’s stand. I chose Tony’s as it is deep in the woods right next to thr creek, hardwoods everywhere. Just a beautiful place. However, Mr. 10 point showed up at stand #1 at 8:30AM:frowning_face:

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

I can sit on my front porch from midnight to 5:00 am see does all night. They seem to think my yard is a buffet. There is one nice buck that must be the king of this harem but he is pretty shifty. I only see him on my security cameras.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

This is the guy that was at the stand I did not hunt.

most everything in life is a gamble! You are triple fold ahead of most. You have a picture. A beautiful one at that. Let old boy live to breed a few more seasons!

Today Black powder season opened in North Carolina. I have 62 acres on Yadkin river and have patterned 2 10pt. I’ve never hunted with black powder but this shoud be a fun pursuit. I can’t do any worse than I’ve been doing with my 270:smiley: