12/22 Chilly Redfish

Finally had a window to go out, and was pumped to get out there coming back from college. Found the school at low tide, took a minute to get them to bite but a piece of cut mullet on a jighead did the trick to turn them on! Biggest of the 4 caught is pictured, rest were within the slot and caught on z man scented jerk shad. Couldnt find the trout though. Eventually the school dispersed as soon as the tide changed.

5 Likes

Nice job!!

Thanks for the report, and pics.

And, welcome back!

1 Like

Great seeing all the fishing activity!

Try a little deeper in the current on drops and ledges for the trouts right now… welcome back as well. We saw lots of you young guns on the water Fri. Enjoy the holiday break

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the advice

Glad to see they are biting!

2 Likes

Great report! Love seeing the December reds!

1 Like

Nice report

1 Like

Great report! How did you find the school? Birds? !'m a 100% catch and release guy so you don’t have to worry about me decimating the population!

Captain Juan ( not really a captain just like to fool myself)

1 Like

Generally you will find wintertime Red’s stacked up, and schooled tight.

Try creek mouths, and troughs, on the outgoing tide. Oyster beds, nearby, is a plus. Soft plastics would be my choice of baits. Although, as posted above, sometimes a chunk of Mullet will entice the bite.

Once you find them, they tend to hang around until the tide changes.

Good Luck, and welcome to the site!!

Keep us posted on your adventures!

1 Like

I was working along a bank on a creek mouth and just happened to see the school (Tails and wakes being pushed). The area they were at was off a bank of hard bottom (bricks and oysters). Many other areas near similar to the bank where the fish were caught, but i only saw them in a very small area. The 90/10 rule!

Hopefully this helps!

I find the schools with a drone

1 Like

Please, do tell…

1 Like

Ha! That’s cheating!

You should have had Connor do some scouting for you.