12/7 Small Craft Advisory...Pssht

BOSN and I snuck out for a half day this morning in my 13 Whaler “Flatty”. If you have ever been in a classic Whaler you know they don’t like chop over about…6" :slight_smile:

I’m tough and BOSN is a coastie so no worries! All kidding aside, it was a day to hide out in the small creeks and get away from the “big” water.

We had a good day, not great but given the conditions pretty darn good! We had a boat slam today with 1 flounder 2 trout and approx 8 reds to 26". 25 mph winds make a BIG bow in your line !!

We were in yellowhouse, flag and cooper today. Pretty much hiding from the wind.

19" on the RP trout special

BOSN’s nice fat 26"

All on Artie’s and all released except for a 22" red that I invited home to meet the family :slight_smile:

We each lost a few fillings and had a chiropractic adjustment (and got wet) crossing the Cooper back to the NCFC Landing. It’s all part of the charm :face_with_head_bandage::stuck_out_tongue:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.sswaonline.com

Fishing in December, reason #2,595 why its incredilbe to live in the lowcountry. Great day guys!

www.baturinphotography.com

REAL MEN! Glad to see someone getting out there.

very nice

Local Boy, Just having fun.

Think I saw you coming through as we were getting ready to leave. Caught 2 nice reds, but the water did not get moving like we hoped it would before we had to leave.

I thought that might have been you, Andy. Glad you were able to get some before you had to cut out.

www.sswaonline.com

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Fishing in December, reason #2,595 why its incredilbe to live in the lowcountry. Great day guys!

www.baturinphotography.com

ditto what he said.

part of me is glas BOSN didn’t get another gator. i was suicidal with envy for a week.

BOSN has had a banner fishing year… just puttin that out there

www.sswaonline.com

I saw you around 11:30 running tight to the grassline. Looked like you were handling things pretty well. I was in my skiff and didnt venture as far as you.

Chaos 16 Bonefish Edition

pardon me but is that your badonka-donk in #2? did yall sling topwaters? any luck with those?

and…i see BOSN’s not holding the RP special with his fish pic. you don’t let him use the good stuff after all he’s done for you?

Peapod you need to stand down again!
Its BOSN’s badonk. Threw it just a bit but no dice. Too windy for me to chuck trebles.
You cant bring a knife to a gun fight. A 26" red is pushing the capabilities of a RP special rod. You know that…

@Chris - ya I was hugging that shoreline tight! Would like to meet ya sometime. If you see me out there flag me down

www.sswaonline.com

Peapod thanks for the props. Opti pulled me from my “dry dock” a couple of years ago and got me back on the water. We’ve been hard at it ever since (see boat in driveway).
I was slingng the BaDonk for a little while (see knife to a gunfight)and decided to put it away. Used a Zman Redbone large paddle tail and the bigger reds liked it. I’ve caught trout and flounder on this as well. Love fishing the low country.

Seafox 187CC